Here are some tips that will help to switch the keyboard layout.
- To switch the keyboard layout usually, a combination of hot keys. In Windows the default is Alt+Shift. However, there are other combinations: Ctrl+Shift left or right Alt, Shift+Shift, and so on. If you switch the layout fails, try these combinations.
- To see what keys are provided in the system to switch the keyboard layout in the language settings and regional standards. Open the start menu — control Panel, select regional and Language, click keyboards and Languages. Click the "Change keyboards". In the opened settings window, the "Language and text services, click the "Toggle keyboard". Here you can see which keyboard shortcut allows you to switch the keyboard layout, and use the button "Change key sequence" you can configure the switch to use more convenient or familiar combinations.
- There are programs that automatically recognize which language the user is typing and to switch layouts automatically. The most popular and Punto Switcher, Keyboard Ninja. These software utilities allow you to correct a text mistakenly entered in a different layout without having to re-enter.
- On the laptop issue with the layout may arise if you accidentally turn on NumLock by the user, since the numeric keypad is combined with alphabetic and pressing the alphabetical keys in this case will lead to the entry of digits. Usually the problem is solved by pressing Fn+NumLock
Advice 2 : How to change hotkeys
The keyboard is the shortcut through which work becomes more convenient as they are instantly performed some important commands. Hot keys allow you to work even without the mouse. But sometimes computer users need to change keyboard shortcuts. Now the Internet many different programs that help to carry out these operations.
You will need
- PC, the keyboard, the program KeyRemappe
This will help make the program KeyRemappe. It is quite simple to use. It should not be installed on the computer. KeyRemappe will help to change the sounds of keys and even just disable.
To get started, download KeyRemappe and run it. You will see a window divided into two parts. In the left half of the graph are located the “Source key” in the right “Assigned key”.
In order to apply the new key, click "New key". After a few seconds you will be prompted from the program, Press the desired key - press and to confirm, click OK.
To change the hotkeys, enter in the box “Original key” of the desired button. In the “Assigned key” write down the button to which you want to give a new assignment. Choose under “Add” and then “apply”.
For the changes started to work, it is necessary to restart the computer. After you enable the hot keys are reassigned. If you want to return to past values, you will need to select the "Clear"button.
Rebooted the PC and all the buttons start to work as before.
Advice 3 : In Windows 8 change key language switch
With the advent of Windows 8 many users began to experience some problems, most of which are associated with the changed interface.
How to change the method of switching languages in Windows 8?
One of the most popular problems connected with the language bar and changing the method for switching between languages. Standard combination switch languages does not always suit the users and there is a need to change it. In order to change the way to switch between languages, do not need to exert a lot of effort. Everything is about the same as in previous versions of the Windows operating system.
The first way
First, the user needs to navigate to the desktop in the language bar, which is located in the lower right corner, click on the language icon. In the menu that appears select "language setup" window and click on the line "Additional options". The following window appears where the user is able to change a huge number of different settings. For example, you can add or remove different languages to install some of them by default, etc. To change the method of switching between languages you have to press a button to Change the shortcut for the language bar". A window will open with options. Here it is necessary to choose in the list select "Switch input language" and click on "Change key sequence". Finally will appear the window where you can change the key combination for switching between languages. The user can choose between the following options: "Ctrl + Shift", "Alt + Shift + E or the acute accent". In order for the changes to take effect, you need to click on the "OK" button.
The second way
There is another way to change the method of switching languages. It is especially useful in case if the language bar in the right menu is not displayed. First you need to open "control Panel" and select "Clock, language and region". Here is a special button "Change input methods", after pressing which will open the menu allowing you to change the method. If this button is not displayed, then you need to find the "Language" and in the appeared window choose "advanced settings". Further procedure does not differ from the method described above.
Using one of the above ways, the user of the personal computer with the operating system Windows 8 easily and can change the way to switch between languages and use the one that is for him to be most convenient.