Advice 2 : What you need to know about calluses
Why are there corn?
Human skin has a defensive reaction to any damage. On the place where the most rubbing occurs, you receive the corn. The skin thickens and coarsens, especially the vulnerable toes and heels.
The types of corns
- Dry corn is dead skin. Occurs because of pressure and friction on the skin. These blisters cause severe pain, and remove them very difficult.
- Wet corn looks like a bubble with the liquid. It causes severe pain.
- Corn with blood relates to wet the corns and occurs because the blood vessels close to the skin, was severely damaged.
- Corn on the sole appears because of the frequent pressure of body weight.
What actions to take if you have a corn?
- Be sure to treat the wound with antiseptic.
- Wet corn should not put a band-aid because it will not dry out.
- Dry corn is difficult to treat. Many are trying to cut this corn, but this should not be done, because the wound could get infected.
Treatment dry calluses
- Cream and ointment
Ointments and creams present salicylic and benzoic acid. They soften the skin, the only drawback, they cannot be applied to healthy skin. Give preference to natural creams with vegetable oils, they help to prevent the appearance of new calluses.
2. Callus in the salon
There is a method whereby corn is drilled as if from the inside. It is absolutely painless. Using a special boron-processed damaged skin. If corn is chronic, it is removed with a laser. It affects the upper layers of the skin, burning corn to the end.
To prevent corns, you have to follow some rules.
- Try as often as possible to walk barefoot.
- Choose the right shoes to match your size. Avoid sweating of your feet, as it provokes the appearance of calluses.
- Have a special patch.