Advice 2: How to configure a gamepad
Overall his setup is a little different from settings of other types of joysticks.
- Gamepad, like any joystick, is designed for connection with game port. However, there are adapters allowing you to plug it into a standard USB connector and sometimes they come from complete with a gaming mouse. The connection to the game-port is better done when the computer is off, but USB it allows hot plugging and unplugging devices.
- From the disk that came with the device, install the necessary drivers and software for calibration. As a rule, it is not so difficult: the whole process is designed in the form of a wizard, and the user is only required to accept the default settings, and the result will be optimal.
- The calibration program can be invoked with the shortcut on the desktop or in the start menu". It will help to carry out fine-tuning analog manipulators, the controller, and assign actions for the buttons. However, in some cases, it is possible to use standard Windows tools, which can be accessed from the control Panel after installation of the manipulator.
- Every game where you want to use geypad be necessary to report its presence in the settings. In addition, a number of settings for the controller can also be made in a specific game. Typically, the configuration interface geypada in games simple enough to deal with it is easy even for a novice gamer.
Note that in a number of games to configure the gamepad so the gameplay has become more comfortable than using mouse and keyboard, is simply impossible. The controller is well suited only for certain genres of games in the first place — space simulators, to a lesser extent, for racing game. So do not expect this device impossible.
Advice 3: How to configure the joystick for games
- -Access to the Internet;
- Disk with the drivers for the controller;