You can prepare a solution of potassium permanganate in some cases of poisoning – as an emetic, for oral administration. With the defeat of the eye of poisonous insects, it is recommended to dissolve the potassium permanganate, weakly concentrated solution. Contact with organic substances allocates atomic oxygen. The oxide produced during the recovery of the drug forms complex compounds with proteins, due to this, manganese astringent action, in low concentrations, and irritating, cauterizing large. Indications: treatment of burn and ulcer surfaces, and infected wounds. In the case of infectious – inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa and oropharynx – rinse. Contraindications – hypersensitivity. Also, the potassium permanganate may cause an allergic reaction, and when using concentrated solutions – burns. An overdose of potassium permanganate is determined by a sharp pain in the mouth area in the course of the food in the stomach, vomiting, and diarrhea. 3 grams is a lethal dose for children and for adults is 0.3-0.5 kg. to Treat manganese poisoning can be ascorbic acid, zianokobalaminom.
How to make potassium permanganate:
- Pour into a bowl of water (best with diluted potassium permanganate in warm water so it dissolves faster).
- Throw a few grains of potassium permanganate. You can take them up with the tip of a match (but not the hands, will remain trudnosmyvaemye spots; also avoid contact with clothes).
- Stir as it should. Be sure not to leave undissolved particles of potassium permanganate, they can burn you.
- When you dissolve all the grains, add water to the desired volume.
- If the solution is too bright, you can add a few grains.
The concentration of the solution can be determined on the eye:
- To make a weak concentration of potassium permanganate (pale pink color) for washing eyes.
- Medium pinkish – for the treatment of wounds, burns or douching.
For urological purposes, it is possible to use the same concentration as for irrigation.