- instruction manual for Lenovo notebook.
- set the security system;
- to change the nature of the work of the touchpad;
- to adjust the output image on the display;
- calibrate the battery and view the serial number of the device, its motherboard and other equipment.
Advice 2: How to install the BIOS yourself
Standard BIOS, running smoothly. However, in situations where the microcode is insufficiently worked out, there is a discrepancy of the motherboard and integrated devices, there is more modern equipment, there is a need to set the BIOS again.
What it takes to install the BIOS again?
For flashing the BIOS will require special utilities developed by the manufacturer of the motherboard or other companies. With these products, all necessary installation firmware stored in the CMOS chip. It is advisable to use the "native" utilities that are available on the CD that came with the motherboard, since they are fully adapted to the specific equipment and eliminate the possibility of occurrence of faults or errors.
As CMOS in modern motherboards is something more than a flash-memory with firmware and settings, in order to properly install the BIOS, you should find a file with its corresponding version of the program-flasher.
By the way, flash the BIOS from Windows is better, because it's more convenient. The same operation from DOS takes a lot of time, will require some ingenuity, though, and is more reliable. Moreover, there will have to create a boot floppy with the program flasher and firmware BIOS.
And a few important nuances. Before starting work it is important through the program-flasher to backup the current BIOS to external media. This will allow you to go back to the old version in case of failure.
It is necessary to ensure stable power due to the "battery backup". Otherwise, sudden surges will drive all the work.
When flashing BIOS from Windows will have to close all active applications and disable antivirus program.
What we should be ready, if you want to install a new BIOS?
Even a small mistake in flashing the BIOS can cause serious complications. Therefore it is necessary beforehand to prepare for their elimination. In particular, when power failure or system hang will have to use a programmer. Although in this case it is advisable to apply to specialists.
If you do not fully complete the BIOS firmware, it is rational to apply the following method:
- Remove the CMOS with the same serviceable enabled motherboard.
- In the nest laid a few strands, through which subsequently will be easy to remove the chip.
- Install corrupted CMOS.the corrupted counterpart.
- Run the IOS firmware
- When the motherboard produce the reverse exchange of chips.
If the BIOS is password protected then you can go in several ways:
- reset CMOS with a jumper on the motherboard;
- reset CMOS by removing the usual batteries;
- to use the engineering password as specified in box;
- password hack is a special software.