- The car should stall Parking brake, including the insertion of first gear or reverse gear. If a wheel happens on the road, be sure to take care not to create an emergency and not to disturb other road users. In this case, you need to install the car special sign emergency stop and activate the emergency lights.
- Before you remove the wheel, lock the wheel with the opposite side of the car wheel stops; if the special stops at hand was not, you can use a conventional bricks or stones that are found near the roadway.
- If you have to deal with wheels with steel stamped discs, pre-remove the decorative cover (this operation can be easily accomplished by using the ordinary screwdriver, inserting it between the rim and cap).
- All nuts of fastening of a wheel it is necessary to weaken (but only one turn.) After that the car should be raised with the Jack to install the Jack should not those parts of the side amplifier, which is specially designed for this purpose). If you have to remove the wheel in the middle of the road with very soft soil under the Jack it is necessary to enclose a small piece of Board to ensure the stability of the structure.
- After was involved in the Jack, wheel nut, wheel can Unscrew completely. The wheel can be removed without much effort, it is usually sufficient just to pull it up for yourself.
- After the wheel was replaced, do not forget to carefully tighten the nut and check the quality of their attachment repeatedly for 10-12 kilometers.
Advice 2 : How to lubricate the rollers
To videos that lasts a long time and was always in good condition, behind them need constant care. In addition to maintaining their appearance, you need to carefully monitor the mechanism that drives the movement of the wheels and rollers is a common bearings. Only if they are lubricated regularly, you can prevent unwanted damage and wear.
You will need
- - Lubricant for bearings
To lubricate the mechanism of the rollers, you should first remove each wheel. The bearings themselves causing the rollers in motion, are located inside the wheels. For the lubrication and cleaning must be removed and disassembled, since no extraction process is nearly useless.
Wheel and the mechanism should be cleaned from dirt. Insert themselves are of two types. If they are modular, then cleaning will not be difficult, since there is a removable dust ring. Under it are the kind of balls that you need to wipe, and then lubricate. The ring itself can be removed without problems by means of a knife or an awl.Have sealed bearing "anthers" are clogged in the groove of the cage. This complicates the process of lubrication. Using a small knife to rent one dustproof plate, clean the mechanism, and fasten it to the wheel so that the open side of he was looking inside of the roller. Since the inside surface is always relatively clean and it is usually protected, no damage to the liner will not. Rinse better to produce water with addition of gasoline. Such a solution is perfectly washes the dirt and remaining unusable oil. Need to wash carefully, after which the maximum dry.
Of all types of lubrication is most well suited for rollers plastic - they have a lot of advantages over others. In particular their life and "squeezing" of the wheels much longer. Oil and grease are not suitable, because such mixtures very quickly erode and evaporate, with the result that the mechanism wears out much faster. Good bike grease, although they are significantly more expensive analogs for the rollers.
Apply oil should be a thin layer. More than the layer, the longer it will diverge at the bearing. This causes some discomfort while riding and degrades the ride quality of the rollers.
Advice 3 : How to change wheels on rollers
As the roll wheel on the rollers wear out. This has a negative impact on the behavior of skates and durability of the rollers. In addition to replacing worn out wheels, one or two times per season it is also necessary to completely disassemble the bearings, clean them and lubricate.
Replacing the wheels on roller skates takes no more than 5 minutes or a little more for those who do it for the first time. Replacement wheels with bearings maintenance – about half an hour. When the wheels are removed carefully, try to memorize the order of removing parts, then there is nothing left of "extra" and nothing is lost.
Take videos and turn them up frame. Unscrew with a hex wrench (or two wrenches) the bolt securing the wheel to the frame and remove it. Please note that this mounting bolt is responsible for adjustment of the wheel. To change the height of individual wheels need to rotate the bolt in one direction or another.
To install the wheels again take a roller skate frame up and put wheel in its place so that the dull side (if the wheels are not new) were outside. Long axis holding the regular brake, put exactly in its place.
Then a hex bolt to adjust the height of each wheel so that all wheels are in the same plane.
If you want to change to service the bearing, remove and disassemble it. To do this, press any hard blunt object on the edge of the sleeve so that it began to move inside. You can act with the same key used to Unscrew the wheel. Be careful that the key is not slipped and has not damaged the inner part of the bushing. When the sleeve starts to move, it involves the opposite bearing. The remaining bearing can be removed much easier.
Disassemble the bearing. For this purpose a thin nail or piece of stiff wire and pry the edge of the metal ring that secures the bearing cover. Typically, the ring is already cut by the manufacturer so that between the two there is a gap. Using pliers pull the end ring to gently pull it off. Try as much as possible to deform it. After removing the lid you can see the bearing balls in the grease. If the wheel is not new, the grease is dirty, so you need to clean the bearing and replace grease.
Inspect all the balls. If they're whole, move on to cleaning and lubrication. If at least one of them collapsed, it must be replaced with a ball from the other, exactly the same bearing. Or replace the whole bearing. To clean use junk toothbrush or any other suitable object. Very dirty bearings can be pre-soaked in gasoline. As a new use grease Litol, grease, sludge special grease for roller bearings.
To assemble the bearing to close the metal ring: stick one end of the ring to its former place, the other end insert to the edge of the ring and fasten. If the ring is deformed during disassembly, place it on a solid flat surface and straighten with a hammer. Using the same hammer to press the bearings on the hub of the wheel.