- halibut fillets (you can substitute other fish) – 800 g;
- ground black pepper;
- salt – 1 tsp;
- flour – 2 tbsp;
- butter – 2 tbsp
Ingredients for sauce:
- red pepper (large) – 2 PCs;
- onions – 2 pieces (use shallots);
- white wine – 50 g;
- thick cream – 200 g;
- Cayenne pepper;
- bell pepper for decoration.
- First make sauce. For this you need to cut the red pepper lengthwise and remove the seeds. Chop the pepper into thin slices. Onions clean and finely chop.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Then in the boiled cream to put prepared peppers and onions. Keep on heat for 20 minutes. Wait until the peppers are soft and browned.
- In the next stage of cooking the sauce you need to mix in a blender or food processor boiled with onions and peppers, sour cream. Mixed blend again pour into a saucepan, add the white wine, sprinkle with salt and Cayenne (chili) pepper to taste. Keep the cooked sauce in a warm place, so it has not cooled down completely.
- Next you need to prepare halibut fillets. To do this check: if there are any bones in the fillet and the skin, as if those were found to remove them. Cut fish fillets into portions of equal size. Then season the fish fillets with salt and pepper, then roll in flour.
- Then melt in a pan the oil and fry the fish over moderate heat on both sides. It is important not to overcook the fish, it should be slightly Golden.
- Now we need to serve the dish. To do this, cut into thin strips prepared for decoration colored bell pepper. Fry them in oil and dry.
- Ready to put the halibut on a warm serving dish. Decorate fish fried with strips of pepper.
- The sauce served in gravy boats, and also you could pour it in the bowl and put the halibut and strips of pepper.
A great addition to halibut with pepper sauce will be a rice or boiled potatoes.