We will need:
- 0.5 kg cottage cheese (low-fat, no soy and palm)
- 1 liter of milk
- 150 g butter (butter)
- 1 egg
- soda and salt
- It is necessary to immediately prepare a container for the bath, cheesecloth and a colander.
- The cheese should be well mixed with milk, the resulting mass is sent to a very low heat, continuously stirring with a beater. So it is necessary to interfere until the moment when the mixture begins to thicken and become viscous.
- You need to send a stringy, sticky mass on the pan, pre-lined with cheesecloth, leave to stand for a time, until all the serum will not go away.
- Now we should prepare a water bath for this type in the deep water container, put the container on top of a smaller (steel or enamel). All water bath ready. She needed to make cheese in the cooking process have not burnt it will be hard to stick to the bottom and walls of the cookware.
- When the water in the bottom of the bath began to boil in the pan from the top you can put butter. When it has melted, add the dairy-cottage cheese without the whey, mix well, and hot the resulting mixture to break one egg and 1 tsp salt.
- Mass to continuously stir and when the mixture becomes hot, add to it 1 tsp of baking soda.
- After adding the soda comes the fun part, the cheese melts and slowly turns into cheese. Once the mixture is smooth and desired consistency, pour it in a bowl for the cheese (can be covered with clingfilm) and leave to set.
In two hours, or three cheese hardens, cools and, if you really can't wait to try, then he is ready. But it's better to leave it for four days in the fridge, the cheese rises, becomes more yellow, and much tastier.
If in the step of tilting the curd-milk mixture carefully squeeze the mixture so that it formed and was more or less solid), it is possible to remove all the serum, you can make cheese. Serum is necessary to prepare a cool brine and soak the cheese.
Now we can conclude – homemade cheese prepared quite simply, it is not time consuming, also pleasantly surprised the cost of this homemade culinary delights, because of the 500 grams of cheese and a liter of milk will turn out 500, 600 grams of delicious cheese.