You will need
  • Passport all participants of the trip, visas, reservations of hotels, car papers (if you drive).
The usual tourist package of documents necessary for entry to Finland is that the identity document with a Schengen visa, an insurance policy valid during the trip.
The main document required when traveling to Finland, is the passport with a pre-obtained single-entry and multiple-entry Schengen visa (if the visa is multiple entry visa to Finland it does not matter). Date in visa should include the period of stay on the territory of the country.
Mandatory documents include an insurance policy (issued before applying for a visa, affects, as a rule, the period of stay in the country). Policy ask, not always, but it is better to have. In addition, it is better to have a printed confirmation of hotel booking, apartment or cottage. It is possible to ask to send on e-mail and print your own. If the trip is purchased at a travel Agency, a voucher is required to print and issue to the client Agency.
Families travelling with children need to carry with you documents to all children (passport, original and copy of birth certificate and insurance papers). If the child entered in the passport of one of parents, the visa should be marked "+child". When traveling with a child under 18 years need a notarized consent to travel from both parents (if the child is traveling without parents). With one of the parents the child can enter without documented consent from the second.
Since the entry into the Schengen area may ask about the amount of cash to each participant of the trip, it is necessary to have 100-200 euros in cash (or a Bank statement confirming the availability of money on the credit card).
For those traveling by car, list of required documents is increased by 2 times. Most necessary of all documents are driver's license (you can use Russian law for a ride, but in order to rent a car in Finland, you need international law). With them it is also necessary to take certificate of registration of the vehicle (registration certificate), and pre-decorated Green Card (insurance policy for the vehicle, valid on the territory of the Schengen area). "Green card" issue very quickly, inhabitants of St.-Petersburg and Leningrad region (and other border areas) can make it even on the way to the Finnish border.