Usually used for salting freshly caught fish. In bulls, had lain after being caught for some time, an unpleasant smell coming from the head, and the meat during salting begins to separate from the bones.
The fish must be sorted by size, largest specimen thoroughly gutted, the fish well washed under running water. The prepared fish are placed firmly in the food containers or a wide enamel pan. For more compact it is recommended to spread out the bulls with a head of one fish to the tail of the other.
Each layer of fish pour salt, gradually increasing its quantity to the upper ranks, the capacity of the cover, press down on top of the cargo and put in a cool place. You should not be afraid that the fish will be too salty. Feature bulls lies precisely in the fact that their meat takes exactly as much salt as they need. To oversalt this fish in the only case – if it is too long been under the yoke.
Typically the butts for salting requires more than a day. After this time the fish is washed, soaked in cold boiled water even for one day – this will help to remove the excess salt and give the meat a delicate flavor. In order for steers to be stored for a long period of time, it is recommended that podvyalit in the open air for 12-15 hours. Dried fish in the shade, out of direct sunlight, in well ventilated by the winds.
For those who used strictly to calculate the amounts of food, you can use the same recipe pickles bulls, but given the amount of salt: classic recipe recommends taking 10% salt of the total weight of the fish.
The bulls salting in brine
Washed, gutted and sorted by size of fish are placed into a container and prepare a saturated solution of salt. The degree of salt concentration is verified using raw eggs – if it does not sink in a container of salt water, then the solution is ready for use. For the preparation of brine is most suitable coarse salt, as fine salt can form on the surface of scales crust and prevent penetration of brine to the meat. To make the fish more tender taste in a solution, you can add sugar: one tablespoon per kg of salt.
Large calves are salted for two days, the smaller fish – day. Thereafter, the brine is drained, calves washed in running water with a small amount of vinegar. Washed of excess salts fish strung on a wire and hang in a shady, well-ventilated place for podvyalivaniya. To accelerate the drying process can be inserted into the abdomen of each fish small spacers and the Gill cover and lift slightly to break.
Advice 2: How to grow bull
- - concentrated feed;
- - milk, colostrum and skim milk;
- - root crops;
- - hay;
- - grass;
Advice 3: How to pickle fish for drying
- - wooden box (enameled pot);
- - coarse salt;
- - small or medium-sized river fish.
- salt, finely ground for pickling will not work.
Advice 4: How to pickle red fish
This dish can be a great addition to the holiday table or just a treat. Red fish for pickling should only buy the latest. That is, if You see that the fish is really great, it is possible to pickle red fish. Salt can different types of fish. Almost all of it boneless and suitable for pickling. This may be chum salmon, salmon, trout or char. Salting the fish whole fillets, or cut into slices-slices. With salt skin is not recommended, it is very hard to cut.
To properly and tasty pickle red fish, take the following products:
Trout to 1 kg, it is better if the fillet is in one piece. Salt; sugar; citric acid; Vodka.
The method of salting is not complicated and it is not long, however, a certain procedure needs to withstand:
• Take the fillets wash it if you need to clean from skin and bones.
• Fillet you can freeze or if you can just cut it with a sharp knife into thin strips.
• Find a convenient container for pickling. Put the bottom of the tank with strips of fish. Then sprinkle the fish with salt, sugar, add a little citric acid and sbryznite vodka is the first layer.
• Then repeat until you get all the fish in the pan, sprinkling the ingredients.
• Tighten the tray with clingfilm. With a toothpick make some holes in the foil so the fish suffocated.
• You need to hold the fish in room temperature for about 4 hours.
• After you need to put the fish in the fridge for 2-3 days, depending on the slice thickness.
• Solki, periodically remove the fish and pour her juice that will collect in the bottom of the tray. Gradually, all the juice is absorbed.
• When the fish is salted before the required condition, then gently pull it out and rinse. Then re-lay already in the dry tray.
• Serve the fish with olives, feta cheese, California cheese or butter. This appetizer is good for champagne or Brut. Bon appetit!