- - touchpad.
To move the cursor across the desktop and other elements, use the Tab key. When the key is pressed, the marker will move between the "start menu", "taskbar", "system tray" and the Windows open. The location of the cursor, usually denoted by a pale object selection or the dotted frame.
Advice 2: How to copy text without using the mouse
Copying can be done by pressing a combination of keys on the keyboard. It is very convenient and fast, so you should master this method.
How to copy text without the mouse on the laptop
Often, the problem of copying text occurs among laptop users. It happens that the mouse is not at hand, and use the touchpad is not very convenient. To make your life easier, is to learn how to work with texts, using only the keyboard.
To copy the selection, do the following manipulation:
- Highlight the portion of text you want to copy. For this step, place the cursor at the beginning of the copied proposal. For this you can use the mouse or the keyboard.
- When the cursor is near the desired part of the text, you will need to hold down the Shift key and hold it, to capture the necessary section using the arrows.
- If you need to highlight multiple pages, use the Page Up and Page Down. They select the text of entire pages, but you need to remember to hold the Shift key. If you allocated too much, the arrows will always help you to correct the result.
- If you need to copy the entire document, simply press Ctrl + A. In this case the Shift key press is not necessary. Don't forget that when performing any operations with alphabetic keys, you should use letters of the English layout. It is absolutely not important which language you have configured at the moment.
- When you have selected the required text press Ctrl + C to copy the selected part.
- In order to paste the text into a new document, press Ctrl + V. do not forget to do the manipulation with the cursor.
How to copy text without the mouse on other devices
Almost all PC are the same, so your existing skills you can easily apply while working on desktop or MacBook. On the desktop copying text is done in exactly the same way.
When working with text on MacBook there is only one small difference. Instead of Ctrl you will need to press Cmd.
Now you know how to copy text using keyboard. This knowledge will help you to operate with comfort, especially if the hand is not convenient mouse.
Advice 3: How to copy and paste text using keyboard
How to copy text using keyboard
You can copy text with the keyboard, using a key combination like "Ctrl+C". Pre-text you need to select with the mouse or also the keyboard. To do this, set the cursor before starting to copy the passage and clamp (hold) the left mouse button. Move the mouse down. You will see how the text will be highlighted in a different color. Stop the cursor immediately after the last character and release the button. Now you can press "Ctrl+C" to copy.
The text can be selected with the keyboard and without using the mouse. For example, the combination "Ctrl+A" selects all the text in the open document or web page. If you need to allocate only one word, you can quickly click it twice with the mouse, and then copy keyboard. Instead of keyboard, you can click on the highlighted text right mouse button and from the appeared menu choose "Copy".
After copying the text falls into an invisible area of the computer's memory "Clipboard" where it will be available for insertion to shut down the computer. In addition, please note that with each subsequent copy, previously stored in the Clipboard text will be lost. If you want to keep at a time multiple passages and "get" them from the memory to insert in any order and at any time, you can download and install one of the special programmes for the empowerment of the "clipboard", for example, CLCL or ClipDiary.
How to insert text with the keyboard
Insert text with the keyboard very simple. Move the cursor to the desired location (e.g., an open document file, then press the key combination "Ctrl+V" to move here the copied text. You can also click the right mouse anywhere on the document and select the menu item "Paste".
There is also a Cut command that is needed in order to when you copy the text deleted from the selected location. Cut the text with "Ctrl+X". Further embed use the familiar "Ctrl+V" or context menu when working with the mouse.