The deepest metro station
The deepest metro in the world is Saint Petersburg. So here are six stations in this city. Based on the statistics we can compose the following list:
1. Station "Puhung, Pyongyang. The DPRK is a very closed country. Therefore difficult to verify the accuracy of the numbers, but according to the experts, the depth of the station is 120 m, and some stretches of the subway of Pyongyang – 150-m Station in the city was built with the purpose of the organization of shelters in case of war. This explains the incredible depth. Thanks to the colorful marble panels, "Pehong" is still in the 15 most beautiful subway stations in the world.
2. "Arsenal", Kiev. Kievskaya metro station is located under the hill, which complicates the measurement of its depth. According to estimates it is about 105 m. the Station design in white and pink marble, was opened in 1960.
3. Admiralteyskaya, St. Petersburg. Closes the three of leaders with a depth of about 102 m. It was opened quite recently – in 2011. The design of the station is made using a nautical theme and is dedicated to Russian naval commanders.
4. "Victory Park, Moscow. The station, commissioned in 2003, has an impressive depth of 84 m. the Walls, decorated in the style of military subjects, tell immediately about the wars of 1812 and 1941-1945.
5. "Washington Park, Portland. With a depth of 80 m station the top five leaders. Commissioned in 1998, it is celebrated in all the guidebooks as the deepest in the United States. There is also the feature to platforms not suitable for electric trains and high speed trams.
6. Komendantsky Prospekt", Saint Petersburg. Opened in 2005, has a depth of 75 m. for the First time the subway of St. Petersburg in the wall covering has been used a sintered plate.
7. "Proletarian", Saint-Petersburg. Opened in 1981. Depth is about 72 m. a Stately, almost solemn atmosphere achieved through the use of high quality marble and granite.
8. "Lenin Square". Saint-Petersburg. Opened in 1958, a Depth of about 71 m, the themed associated with the return of Lenin from Finland.
9. "Seaside", Saint-Petersburg. Opened in 1979, the Depth is 71 m. Decorated with high reliefs of ships of the Russian and Soviet Navy. The design emphasizes the closeness of the Baltic sea.
10. "Chernyshevskaya", Saint Petersburg. Opened in 1958, a Depth of about 71 m. the First station in St. Petersburg, in the design which was not used chandeliers and lamps. Instead, it was selected zakarniznaya lighting.
Every country wants to become itself, even in the depth of the location of the metro stations. Therefore, accuracy is not always the case.
Facts about metro
Subway is one of the rarest ways to move the world. Only a little over 100 towns acquired this underground mode of transport. They are mainly located in Europe and the two Americas. In the territories of Africa and Australia there is only 2 metro – in major cities Cairo, Tunis, Melbourne and Sydney.
The oldest is the London underground. It was launched November 4, 1890. The length of the subway was 6 km. it is Noteworthy that the first passenger was the Prince of Wales Edward VII.
Most stations in the world has the new York Metropolitan – 468. The length of all its lines to a total of almost 1,400 km.
The cheapest the North Korean metro is considered – the cost of the trip is just 3 us cents, the most expensive in London.
Advice 2: In which city the longest and deepest metro
The longest subway in the world – Shanghai, the total length of its lines is more than 500 kilometers. Even extensive and complex of the Beijing metro is difficult to compete with him, but by 2020, perhaps Beijing will receive this title. The deepest metro in North Korea's capital, Pyongyang. But the most profound station located in Kiev and St. Petersburg.
The longest subway in the world
According to the total length of all lines is first among metros in the world is the Shanghai metro with a length of 538 kilometres. This is a fairly young network, it appeared only in 1993, but it quickly became the longest in the world. 14 lines stretch from the downtown to the suburbs to dozens of kilometers. Despite an extensive system and a large number of trains, the Shanghai metro is often crowded. By 2020 it is planned to build several lines in the result, the length of the Shanghai metro will reach 780 kilometres.
The second longest subway in the world also belongs to China is Beijing. Through the capital of China, which covers a huge area – about 17 thousand square kilometers – is 21 line length from 12 to 57 kilometers. Its total length is 465 km.
Beijing subway began in 1965 by the experience of the Moscow builders. At first it was exclusively a military transport, and only in 1976 the line was opened for public access. Most of the lines within the city are numbered, the other leading to the suburbs, have their own names depending on the destination. They pass through the city in the form of a chessboard, forming a perpendicular and parallel lines.
Particularly rapid metro in the Chinese capital began to develop in the XXI century: its beginning was only a little more than 100 kilometers, but this figure is constantly growing, having reached 465 kilometers. By 2015, the length of the Beijing subway is expected to grow to 708 kilometers, to 2020 to achieve unprecedented value – more than a thousand kilometers. Most likely, this metro in near future will occupy the first place in length.
The deepest subway in the world
If we assume the average depth of the subway, the first place among the deepest subways belongs to Pyongyang. In the capital of North Korea railway line occur at an average depth of 120 meters under the ground, and in some places they reach 150 meters. In the rest of the metro of Pyongyang has no features: consists of two lines, the total length is about 22 kilometers.
The deepest metro station – Arsenalna in Kiev, it is at a depth of 105 meters. Although this is the title you can try to challenge: it is located under the hill, which explains its depth – many experts urge to carry out measurements depending on the level of the sea, not the earth's surface. The second depth of the station is located in Saint-Petersburg and is called "Admiralty".