Free transfer of housing to private ownership began in 1991 and continues to this day. If you want to privatize housing, should hurry, as from 1 March 2015, privatisation will be paid. Free privatization is being carried out for 3 months.
In order to register the apartment in your property, you need to issue a power of attorney, according to which all living in the apartment tenants agree to the privatization. Then you will need to obtain from all tenants passport, birth certificate, and the certificate on divorce (marriage). These documents will need to attach a passport of the apartment, the warrant for housing, the contract sotsnayma, as well as all copies of receipts on payment of utilities for the last 90 days. Be sure to take a certificate from the building management that the apartment had not been privatized. Also, you will need an extract from the house register, which lists all the tenants.
Contact the Bureau of technical inventory (BTI), where you will receive the explication of the apartment, which includes redevelopment areas. Only then you can go to a district office of the Department of housing policy and housing Fund. There you will get the registry all required documents and a receipt for payment of the state fee.
Employees of the Department have the right to ask you to present additional documents, for example, to change the name. If you since 1991 have repeatedly changed their place of residence, be prepared to prove it with documents. In addition, if you updated your passport, you will need to provide the appropriate help.
If you don't have time to prepare all the necessary documents, you can apply to private institutions, which for a fee will take. However, this method is bad because in addition to all necessary expenses incurred on the privatization of housing you will have to pay for a mediator, which are usually very expensive.