Advice 1: How to change date of birth in the passport

As in any other document, the passport of the citizen of the Russian Federation sometimes there are mistakes. Whether it's a name, place or date of birth. If change surname and even first name and patronymic, the phenomenon frequent enough, then amend the date of birth is very rare.
How to change date of birth in the passport
Date of birth has a significant effect on, for example, the retirement age. All the data about your age, entered in the passport only on the basis of a certificate of birthissued by the registry of acts of civil status. Thus, to make corrections in the passport, or rather, to get a new passport with the correct date, you need to make corrections to records in the Registrar's office.
To do this, you will have to prove that the entry in the Registrar's office contains an error. It will have to find and provide supporting documents. As such can serve as the medical records of the maternity ward of the hospital where you were born.
Write an application to the civil registry office at place of residence or storage with the requirement of any change in the records of your birth. Submit the document and the birth certificate, which must be replaced. In case of refusal, you must submit an application to the court. If the court finds the evidence is overwhelming, the decision it will impose on the recording of acts of civil status to make the necessary corrections.
To change the date of birth can be in the case of adoption of a child. A maximum of three months. In this case, contact the registry office the statement and certificate of adoption.
There are a number of circumstances under which you can legally change the date of birth. For example, the witness protection program. In this case, contact the registry office with the documents confirming this right.
Contact the Federal migration service of the Russian Federation. Write a statement of the established sample with the requirement to replace the passport on the basis of any change. Attach:
1) passport, which must be replaced;
2) two photos (3,5x4,5 cm;
3) birth certificate with a new date of birth.
If the error in the passport were made by the expert of the Federal migration service, contact the Registrar's office will not have to. In a statement, just indicate on the error of the FMS.
Useful advice
You will need:
- Regulations on the passport of the citizen of the Russian Federation
- Federal law "On acts of civil status" dated 15 November 1997 N 143-FZ (

Advice 2: How to change the year of birth in the passport

The passport of the citizen of the Russian Federation is the main document proving the identity. It is produced in 14 years, change in 20 years and 45 years. In the rest of the time, the passport can be changed when you marry and change your name. If the document contains errors, in accordance with the RF Government Resolution No. 828 of 8 July 97 - year passport can be replaced at the request of the owner stating the reason.
How to change the year of birth in the passport
You will need
  • - application to the FMS;
  • - statement to the Registrar;
  • - birth certificate;
  • - passport with the wrong record.
  • - 4 passport photos.
In accordance with article 70 of the Federal law to change the information in the passport in case of erroneous records. Employees may voluntarily change the surname, name, patronymic, but not the date of birth. Exceptions are only adopted children. Foster parents can change date of birth in three months forward or backward, but to change it would be to the registry office and the passport will make a date specified in the birth certificate.
Also to all citizens in the passport data are brought on the basis of the birth certificate. What is written there, it will be marked in the passport. Hence the conclusion: to change the year of birth is possible only in case of erroneous entry.
For changes to the document refer to the Federal Migration service, write a statement, submit a birth certificate, a passport with incorrect data, 4 passport photos. In one week you will be given a document with the correct entry.
If incorrect entry made in the birth certificate and on the basis of its issued passport to apply in the bodies of civil status acts. On the basis of the statement of entry are correct, will issue a new birth certificate. Then you need to apply to the Federal Migration service.
If in the organs recording acts of civil status recorded exactly the same entry in the Ledger and register, as in the birth certificate, and you do not agree, that all controversies are resolved by the Arbitration court. So let's address a statement to the court and present compelling evidence that all entries about the date of birth recorded wrong. As evidence you can use witnesses, a certificate of birth from the maternity hospitals, etc. In this case, the entries in all the documents is correct only on the basis of the decision rendered by the court.
Is the advice useful?