To peonies pleases you with its beauty and fragrance, you should purchase them with closed and barely colored buds. Before you put them in water, hold the flowers in a cool, dark place, that several of them will refresh. This is especially true in hot weather.
Choose the vase is also need to correct. It is better to take of the dark glasses, it the water does not rot. Before using the capacity, it is desirable to wash with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Pour water to defend, but better than rain. Its level in the vase also has some impact on the lifespan of the plants. For example, peonies love to be the stems was half submerged in water, unlike irises and gerberas, which are height 5 cm
Then remove the leaves, leaving only 2-3 pieces. Update your cut with a sharp knife. Make it slanted, so you will be able to increase the surface of absorption of flower water in addition, it is better to do in the water below in the conducting vessels of the peony has not penetrated the air, clogging them. The bouquet stay fresh longer, add water, boric acid or sugar. Per liter of water requires 200 ml acid or 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Every 3 days should change it in the vase fluid. Not to change the water frequently, add in a little capacity of pine extract, it will play the role of an antiseptic. At night, remove the bouquet from the water, wrap in wet paper and put them in a cool room. As soon remove the dried flowers. Also, to keep the peonies longer please you with its beauty, you can put in water a bit of charcoal or a tablet of activated. Buds blossomed quickly, you can pour a little alcohol or hold them in hot water.
Do not place peonies in a container with roses, daffodils, lilies, carnations, Calla lilies, tulips. The implementation of these recommendations your bouquet will last up to 16 days.
Advice 2: How to keep cut flowers longer
Skillful gardeners and florists use the 10 universal tips on caring for cut flowers:
1. Country flowers or bouquets from the bushes must be cut early in the morning (6-7 hours), as the buds for the night will be filled with moisture and will keep longer freshness.
2. Vase for flowers is better to choose transparent glass as it transmits the sun's light.
3. Before use sterilize in advance the vase over steam: pour into pasnicu water and let boil, put a vase on a mesh screen. After 5-7 minutes, move the vase by the neck face down on a clean towel.
4. The stems of honeysuckle, lilac and chrysanthemums will be better to absorb moisture, if you split them in half with scissors from the bottom. In a crevice of the insert match without head.
5. The leaves on the stems after a long stay in the water to rot, therefore, it is better to get rid of.
6. The water in the vase should be at room temperature and filtered (or settled).
7. Cluster bouquets of love when the water is coal. Add a bit of charcoal or crush 1-2 tablets of activated carbon. Also helps to keep flowers fresh a few drops of ammonia or 1-2 tsp of salt.
8. Roses and carnations like sugar water: add to feed sugar or dissolve 1-3 tablet of glucose.
9. Long freshness cut off the branches of shrubs will provide a solution of potassium permanganate, the water should be slightly pinkish.
10. The stems need to be cut daily. Move the flowers to a bowl of settled water and trimmed the ends of the stems in the water, trying to cut was obliquely. Before you rearranged the flowers back in the vase, pinch the tip of each trimmed stem with your finger to prevent formation of air plugs. While the flowers soak in the tub, change the water in the vase.