This program has a useful feature, characteristic also for many other software products: when you uninstall all it's settings, bookmarks, etc. the User information is saved, so after re-installation the user will see a customized habitually familiar browser. However, as often happens when you install a new program, often the user tries different settings, of course, not remembering their original States. Yes, and other reasons may result in the need to completely remove Mozilla before installing a new version or an alternative browser.
To completely remove all traces of Opera on your computer, use the following sequence of steps:
- The first step is to remove Opera standard Windows way: control Panel — Programs and features, where you should find the line Opera, set the cursor on it and press the "Delete" button at the top of the list. If the removal process will have questions about whether to save the settings, select "no."
- After the removal is completed, locate the folders RoamingOpera and LocalOpera in the user data folder, and delete them using Windows Explorer or any file Manager like Far or Total Commander.
- Similarly, locate and delete the Opera folder in Program Files.
- Run regedit (you can do this by typing in the command prompt, regedit, find the registry branch HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareOpera Software and remove it. Also remove any branch HKEY_USERSS-1-5-21-1230892188-3897557557-1762284673-1000SoftwareOpera Software. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE and remove all the branches related to Mozilla (remember that all operations with the registry should be done very carefully, as mistakes in their implementation can lead to a failure of individual applications or operating systems in General).
Delete Opera completed, you can install a new version of the browser or try another.
Advice 2 : How to remove Opera
Remove Opera using control panel
In this embodiment, the removal of the browser it's simple:
1. Click "start" in the lower left corner of the screen and in tab select "control Panel".
2. Find the Program tab and under it click "Uninstall" to shorten the path and go right to the desired section.
3. Give the list to load all the programs that are on your personal computer or laptop. The list can be rather big, so give him to boot completely. Otherwise it is likely that the process will be delayed, or the computer does hang. Find in this list the icon for the Opera browser.
4. At the top of the screen displays a "Delete" button, push it. All, the removal process of the browser running.
5. In the appeared window it is necessary to note its consent to the removal of the Opera, and also tick "Delete all user data", if you want that Opera did not save your passwords, history, download data, bookmarks and so on. If you delete the browser just to reset, this option can not be pressed.
6. After a few seconds a window appears which says that the browser successfully deleted.
Manually delete the Opera
Not always uninstall through control panel can completely erase all the files of the browser from the computer. If you want to completely remove Opera, it is better to do it manually.
1. Locate the folder C:\Program Files\Mozilla and delete it. It contains the main files of the browser. But there are two hidden folders in addition to this, so enable the viewing of hidden files.
2. The following folder you will able to find this path: C:\Пользователи\Имя_пользователя\AppData\Roaming\Opera. It retains the user settings, so if you plan when to return to work with Opera, it is not necessary to delete this file.
3. The last folder is here: C:\Пользователи\Имя_пользователя\AppData\Local\Opera. It contains the user's cache. After removing all three folders, the Opera browser no longer loaded from your computer. Left to clean up the Trash that files are unable to recover.