Ingredients for the dough:
- Flour - 100 g;
- The coarse flour - 90 g;
- Butter - 130 g;
- Ice water - 3 tbsp;
- Herbal salt - ¼ tsp;
Ingredients for filling:
- Cheese - 150-200 g;
- Canned tomatoes - 800 g (2 cans);
- Garlic - 1 clove;
- Onion - 1 piece;
- Egg - 2 PCs;
- Milk or cream - 200 g;
- Freshly ground white pepper;
- The first stage is the preparation of the test. To do this, mix the flour, both types with herbal salt. RUB the butter with flour. The texture of the mixture should be like bread crumbs. Pour into ice water, and fast movements knead the dough. The resulting mixture was placed in the refrigerator for an hour.
- While the dough is allowed to cool in the refrigerator, preparing the filler. Put canned tomatoes (with the brine) in a saucepan. Add to the pan chopped onion, crushed garlic and a spoonful of Basil.
- Cook over moderate heat, tomato mixture should thicken. Cut the filler to cool.
- Beat the eggs with cream or milk. Add cheese, pre-grated on a fine grater and prepared tomato mixture, mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then you need to assemble the pie. Chilled dough roll out a thin layer and put it in shape with a diameter of about 25 cm. Pierce the base with a fork and put foil around the edge so the dough does not shrink during cooking.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Bake the dough in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees for 10 minutes. To remove the foil. Fill the base of the pie filling and bake another 20 minutes until cooked filling.
- To decorate a cake poverenny onion and tomato slices.