Every Amateur gardener, buying seeds gives preference to those varieties which are at the heart. But there are some things you should keep in mind before you become a master of the cherished packet of seeds.
- Choose a variety of asters in the appearance of inflorescences. They are peony, rozovidnym, needle, ostrich feather, unique, Princess, pompon, laplata, Riviera, lady coral and many new others.
- To choose the height of future plants. Aster height can be the edge (undersized from 15 to 25 cm), average height and height to 100 cm For this purpose it is necessary to think in advance where in the garden they will grow.
- The size of the flowering buds is of no small significance. After all, the cultivated asters in order to admire the flowers. Baskets of different types can be from 3 to 16 cm and more (new varieties). As a rule, the larger the size of the flowers, the less they will be on the plant and Vice versa. The most abundant flowering is a dwarf Aster, which have long flowering and a medium-sized inflorescence. But there are dwarf asters, such as "my Lady", with inflorescences as in peony groups.
- Asters differ in the structure of the Bush plants. They come with a compact, spreading, highly branched, subramose. Choosing asters, think that spreading or silnovetvistoe plant will require greater attention to the planting, care, obligatory garter, so that after rainy weather they are not broken and perished on the earth, having lost its appeal.
- It will be important to determine the timing of flowering plants. All varieties of asters are divided into 5 groups: very early (bloom an average of 95 days after emergence), early (96-105 days), medium (105-115 days), late (bloom in 125 days) and very late. Earliness of flowering asters should be taken into account. So in the Central black earth regions of Russia in the cultivation of Aster seedlings of early varieties to admire the flowering is possible in early July. When planting in the ground seeds of early varieties of asters will bloom in late August.
- The stability of the acquired varieties of asters to weather and disease is also an important criterion when buying seeds. Asters are severely affected by Fusarium. Russian varieties have the enviable advantage over the "foreigners". Especially this can boast of varieties of the Voronezh breeding.
- The use of flowering plants for landscaping or cut. Many firms provide this information on the seed packets. For good cutting need to purchase the varieties with long and strong stems.
Buying annual seeds of asters, carefully study the information on the bags, especially the expiration date. Aster seeds can be stored and quickly lose their germination.