How to teach your dog to chain?
Just put a chain on the dog in any case impossible. First, the animal will receive the strongest stress due to unexpected restrictions of freedom, and secondly, the dog will try to break, constantly bark, whine and howl.
To chain the animal is better to teach aged from 4 to 8 months, when the pet grew up, but have not felt the freedom in full measure. An adult dog can also be put on a chain, but at every opportunity she will run and catch it would be very difficult.
Before you can restrict the puppy's freedom, put a collar on him and wait until the animal gets used to it. Then start to use a leash, and only then put on the chain. If you have the opportunity, better to equip the checkpoint. To create this design you will need a metal wire and the circuit is 1.5-2 meters in length. The rope stretched around the perimeter of the protected area, it is fixed on the chain so that she could slide.
The checkpoint gives the dog the opportunity to protect a large area, to move quickly and to feel better psychologically, but a short leash will not get underfoot and interfere with the actions of the animal. If the area will penetrate uninvited guest, he will not be able to determine the radius of movement of the dog.
Features of the dog sitting on the chain
Some owners teach their pet to the circuit, I think that this process of education and upbringing of the animal ends. But to the puppy grew up a reliable guard, he needs to pay attention to physical development, particularly to monitor the bones and muscles of the hind limbs.
The dog living on a chain, you need to be able to attack. It should be nimble, agile, have strong grip and to be able to avoid dangerous objects (knives, bats, sticks, etc.). It is necessary to deal with the animal, to teach him to fight with a person, take them special courses and to accustom him to discipline.
Before you put your dog on a chain, take care of the conditions. The animal must be a kennel, and preferably an aviary. Obedient pet at night you can put on a chain to guard the territory, and in the afternoon to give the opportunity to relax in the cage.
Advice 2: What to do if a dog howls
Advice 3: What kind of dog is better suited for protection of the territory
Alabai, or the Central Asian shepherd dog is ideal for protection of large areas. If you need to look after the house with a huge plot or you are engaged in the protection of objects, horses can become a great helper. It is strong and hardy dog, is hardy and can flourish on the street. However, the Central Asian shepherd dog has a cool temper, and her need to get a person who will be able to cope with the dog. The course of training for such a beast should be mandatory. Alabai is unlikely to be able to become a dog-companion, responsive to the slightest change in the mood of the owner, but if that you do not need, your home will be protected.
The Caucasian shepherd dog
Caucasian shepherd dog – another large dog with a strong instinct to guard. In conjunction with this breed inherent distrust of outsiders, these qualities make "Caucasian" an excellent candidate for the protection of the territory. Unlike alabais, the Caucasian shepherd dog is able to be not only a guard but also a loyal friend. It also needs a host that will respect, but after the dog understand their place in the hierarchy and I agree with him, she will be a loving and loyal member of the pack who are not afraid to trust and security of home and children.
The German shepherd is not as strong as Alabai or Caucasian, however if you want a dog that can protect a territory but to live in the apartment who can be a bodyguard and take part in games that are intolerant of outsiders who violate the border of its territory, but attached to the household, this breed will be an excellent option for you. This smart and loyal dog with a calm nature, suitable to carry different services. German shepherds are characterized by high capacity for learning and is able to do much to win the approval of his master.
Russian black Terrier
Black Terrier is a breed of dog, bred in the USSR. It is perfectly suited for guard service, tolerates cold, has long limbs and powerful jaws, which leaves the attacker little chance of escape. A black Terrier is a very trainable breed, and the owner will not be difficult to develop in him the necessary qualities. However, the black Terrier is not a dog that can be put on a chain and leave to protect a country cottage, coming only occasionally to feed an animal. This dog requires full contact with a loving owner and his family.
Advice 4: The best breed of dog for protection of a private house
If you are looking for a four-legged friend, which you still have to become a security guard, do not select the representatives of the hunting species, as well as Newfoundlands and St. Bernards. First used to hunt, and the second focused on saving people. So on what breed to choose?
1. German shepherd. These dogs are famous for security qualities, and they can clean a house, flat, garden, kitchen garden, etc. it is no accident that German shepherds can often be found serving in the army and the police. It is clever and cunning dogs, they are friendly and easily trainable, able to withstand heavy physical exertion.
2. The Caucasian shepherd dog. This animal is of enormous size, it just won't be scared. Shepherd incredibly kind and gentle with the owner and his family, especially with children, but will not leave a single chance to save his enemy. So she was manageable, you need a lot of time to spend on her education.
3. The Moscow watchdog. Strong animal, capable of becoming an ideal guard and faithful friend, including children. The Moscow watchdog is fond of his family and wary of strangers. The dog should be kept at home or in a cage, but on a chain to put her is almost impossible.
4. Giant Schnauzer unpretentious, loyal and brave owner. He loves children and is willing long to tolerate their antics, easily trainable and willing to do anything to protect the master and his family, even to sacrifice his life. The giant Schnauzer is very active he does not sit in place and require long walks and outdoor games.
5. Central Asian shepherd (alabay). Strong and big dog, her upbringing should be approached very responsibly. It is important a lot of time was devotedSchat training, the dog is even in a fit of rage was heard by his master. Alabay badly needed a long walk to waste some energy. Central Asian shepherd dog is stubborn and often seek to demonstrate, so make this breed better people strong, with experience of training similar breeds.
These five breeds of dogs – the lovely security guards of a private house, they can be kept in a cage or box. But it is important to remember that no animal can not be put on the chain. Such content will enrage the dog will worsen her health (both mental and physical).
If you live in an apartment, then pay attention to other breeds: Dobermans, Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, cane Corso, boxers. They are brave, ready in any situation to protect property and owner.