Using Word version 2010 or 2013
1. Open the file in Word.
2. Select the File tab and navigate to a new window.
3. In the "file Types" you should choose "Create PDF or XPS document. Then click on "Save as PDF/XPS".
4. Click "Create PDF / XPS".
5. In the dialog box, you must enter the name of the file and determine its location on your device.
6. Click "Publish".
Remember that this method applies only to Word 2010 or 2013, if you are using 2007 version, the menu will have significant differences.
Using Word 2007
1. Open the document to convert.
2. Click the "File" menu at the top left.
3. Select the appropriate settings to save it as a PDF.
You have to remember that this method is relevant only in Windows if you use a Mac, you should try other ways.
4. Enter the desired file name and make other necessary settings.
5. Click "Save", which will allow you to convert the document and subsequently open it in Adobe Reader.
Using WORD on a Mac
1. Select and open the file needed to be saved.
2. In the menu, open the tab File> Print.
3. At the bottom left, click PDF, then select from the drop down menu "Save as PDF".
4. Enter the title and name of the generated file. If necessary, adjust other settings.
5. Click Save.
Using other versions of WORD
1. Browse your computer to locate and open the source file.
2. In the menu click File> Print.
3. Click the drop-down list of printers installed on the device. Select a PDF.
4. Click OK.
The use of online converters
1. Go to any free site which offers conversion of documents into PDF format. Such resources can easily be found online by typing the search query "convert word to PDF".
You should not use a resource that requires you to pay for this service, to install any software or perform an action, the essence of which you do not understand. Today there are many free, easy to use online PDF converters, you don't need to complicate your task. All sites for this purpose work in a similar way.
2. Click "Browse" and locate the desired Word file.
3. If necessary, enter the e-mail address. Some sites send the converted file to your Inbox.
4. Click "Convert" or "Convert", wait until the file is processed.
5. Download the converted file to your computer. If the screen does not display anything, you need to look for the converted file in your Inbox.
As the document WORD convert to PDF with the use of Open Office
1. Download from the Internet OpenOffice - a free program which is fully compatible with Microsoft Word.
2. Click on the downloaded file twice to install on your PC downloaded app.
3. Open the installed program original Word document.
4. Find the main menu File> Export as PDF.
5. Name of the PDF document.
6. Click "OK" or "Save" to convert.
If you decide to stop using online Converter, you should be aware that linked sites may have problems.
Before you proceed, always make a backup copy of the document.
Keep in mind that OpenOffice can open DOCX file, but not allow to edit it.
All of these methods are relevant for standard documents. Files with complex formatting can be converted with partial data loss.
If you are going to convert sensitive documents, avoid the online converters.