Advice 1: How to make the ownership of a cooperative apartment

Cooperative apartments have become part of our life in 1924. It was then for the first time adopted a resolution stating that citizens can participate in the construction of their own homes. To become the owner of this apartment, I had to pay a Pai of a specific size. Now, to cooperative dwelling moved into your property, you need to fulfill several conditions.
How to make the ownership of a cooperative apartment
You will need
  • a certificate of paid unit;
  • documents from the BTI;
  • extract from the house register;
  • extract from the minutes of the Committee meeting of the cooperative, which confirms your membership
When you are ready to formalize a cooperative apartment in the property, remember that she's already yours, it is true, provided that you have paid all the prescribed share. This provision shall be governed by paragraph 4 of article 218 of the Civil code of the Russian Federation. The only thing you need to do to confirm your right to property is to obtain the certificate of state registration.
To receive a certificate of ownership of a cooperative apartment, you must gather certain documents and hand it in on registration of rights to immovable property and transactions with it. As a rule, Management of Federal service of state registration, cadastre and cartography in the KO. In the required documents include the certificate of paid share, which is issued by the HBC, extract from the Protocol on the admission to membership in the cooperative, as well as an extract from the minutes of the HBC on the transfer of apartments in the property the member of the cooperative.
In addition you will need a certificate from the BTI, an extract from the house register, photocopy and original marriage certificate (need if at the time of paying share you had married). When submitting documents to companies house it is necessary that your spouse was also present on the spot.
When you collect all the necessary documents and register them with the appropriate government body, you will be given a certificate of ownership of the living space. And after that, all further operations with the apartment you will produce it. The main advantage of a cooperative apartment is that it is not necessary to privatize. The property is only possible on the basis of the payment unit.
Despite the seeming paperwork, to issue a certificate of ownership is better in a timely manner. Otherwise there is a risk that your heirs will have to court to prove your ownership of the flat. And then for them to act the right of inheritance.

Advice 2 : What is a cooperative apartment

Citizens rarely encounter the concept of a cooperative apartment, if you compare with the Soviet times. Housing cooperatives (HBC) began to establish in the late 50-ies of the 20th century. This is due to the fact that in the post-war years sharply increased the urban population, and HBC to build housing at the expense of shareholders, thus received a loan from the state for 20 years or other benefits.
What is a cooperative apartment

What is HBC

Housing cooperatives created voluntarily, bringing together concerned citizens or legal persons through membership. This apartment is owned by the member of the cooperative in the event if he paid the share contribution in full. Up to this point the apartment is property of the cooperative. After payment of the unit member of the HBC receives a certificate of title in the HBC.

After payment of the full cost of the unit, the apartment is not becomes the property of the member of the cooperative automatically. In the past it was exactly the right of ownership has occurred since payment of the last unit. Today it is necessary to issue the state registration, even if the Pai had been paid up to the time when registration of title was imperative. Otherwise, the citizen simply will not be able to dispose of apartment at own discretion, they will not be able to sell it, make a legacy or deed. To obtain the certificate of registration of right of ownership must provide a certificate of paid share in the BTI (if the share paid before 1997) or the fed (if the share paid after 1997).

Rights with respect to cooperative apartments

There is a misconception that a cooperative apartment should be privatized. By definition, privatization is a form of ownership transformation of state or municipal private. As previously described, cooperative apartment is the property of the cooperative, not the state, respectively, and privatization in the apartment impossible to make. Another misconception that everyone living in a cooperative apartment citizens are its owners. Actually the owner is the only member of the cooperative, the rest are only entitled to stay in this apartment. Also a member of the cooperative is entitled to transfer the apartment to a family member, if that is under the age of 18 and if it is written in the Charter of HBC.

If your parents or relatives have co-op, better now to execute all documents for establishing the right of ownership. Otherwise, after the death of the native may have problems with this estate.
Is the advice useful?