You will need
  • - passport;
  • - death certificate;
  • - a document confirming the kinship with the deceased;
  • will.
Update your rights on the opened inheritance. If you made a will, make sure that the deceased does not have heirs of the first stage, which cannot be deprived of property rights. These include spouse, children and parents who have reached retirement age, minors or people with disabilities. They are entitled to half from what they would have received in regular succession.
Contact the notary who had drawn up the will, having your passport and the death certificate. Make a statement at the opening of the inheritance. This must be done no later than 6 months after the death. If no other heirs, at the expiration of this period, you will receive a certificate of entry into inheritance.
If the commencement is missing, please contact the court. Make a statement in which you specify the reasons that prevent you to execute the documents on time. Good cause can be a serious illness with a hospital stay, incarceration and other circumstances. If you have a document certifying the reason for admission, attach a copy of the lawsuit.
Restoration of the elapsed term of acceptance of inheritance is issued relatively quickly, if your rights to property indisputable and other heirs are not available. In difficult cases, when the applicants for the inheritance much better to enlist the support of an experienced lawyer. It will help to make a statement and will represent you in the process.
If the court decides in your favor, you can join the law of inheritance. Rights of persons who previously owned your property, will be void. However, if the property had been sold to bona fide purchasers to return it is almost impossible. But you have the right to sue for damages if there is evidence of intent – for example, the person receiving the inheritance, know about your rights and deliberately quickly ordered inheritanceM.
Turning to the court, get ready for a long litigation. Probate has many nuances. To protect yourself, contact with a written demand to the seizure of disputed property until the receipt of the decision of the court.