- - prepared bed;
- - organic and inorganic fertilizer;
- - ash;
- - garden tools;
- - preparations for pest control;
- - wet sand.
Advice 2 : Why beet is not sweet
The main reason is the quality of seeds and agricultural cultivation of beets.
One of the reasons - failure to observe the rules of cultivation of seeds of table beet. Many faced with such a situation, when thinning seedlings of red beet pulled completely colorless or whitish (fodder) root sprouts. This is an indication that the variety has degenerated.
Another, very important reason - incorrectly organized farming.
He loves beetroot?
- Neutral soils. On sour land to grow beet doesn't want fresh manure not stand.
- Place to have beds on the sun-warmed places. In the shadow of the roots will not grow sweet.
- Loose, rich humus soil. Grown in hard dry ground, the roots become bitter.
- Seeds produce high-quality sprouts only at positive temperatures. The crops in the cold ground provoke strelkovanie plants.
- Glaze the beets need at the beginning of development and during the growth of roots. In dry weather plants should be watered, then loosen the earth. Avoid wilting leaves. However, from the very frequent and heavy watering, the roots quickly gain weight. But the most tender and tasty root vegetables are medium size, plus they are more valuable and better kept in the winter.
- Tillage is an important time of growing. It provides access of air to the roots. If it is not possible to carry out the ripping, you can resort to mulching of planting dry grass, peat, Newspapers.
- Timely razresevanje germination. You can not grow root crops in close quarters. They will not tie. But too much distance between plants is not worth doing. Root vegetables are big in size, and will manifest excessive koltsevatost and fibration of pulp.
- Beets uses a lot of nutrients and are sensitive to their scarcity. Definitely a dressing should be boron (boric acid) and magnesium. Boron deficiency is expressed in medullary necrosis of leaves and unwanted changes in the roots. With a weak growth of the beet responds well to infusions of mullein and wood ash, which contains a lot of potassium and trace elements (0,5 l Bank in 1 sq. m.). Table salt, no additives, increases the sugar content of root crops. Diluted one teaspoon of salt in a bucket of water and pour 1 sq. m of landings. To make better in the grooves, having receded from the plants for 4...5 cm, so as not to burn the roots. Saline solution bring to moist soil or after rain.
- Every year it is necessary to sow beets, changing her location on the beds. Even in a small area it can be grown in mixed plantings at the edges of garden beds. Chard and spinach are relatives of the beet, it is necessary to take into account not to plant beets after them.
The best quality roots give these time-tested varieties as: Pablo F1 F1 borough, Mona, Cylinder, rocket.
Advice 3 : Beetroot. Thinning is an important technique of cultivation
All varieties of beet, with the exception of a few, for example, Odnolistovoe are in the seed-ball mnogozadachnosti. So the beet seedlings in the garden look "corsage", and if not in time to do the thinning, it will have a negative impact on the further development of plants (curvature of the stem, the damage forming roots, stunting, irregular shape of the root, etc.).
When and how to carry out thinning seedlings of beetroot?
This agronomical operation should be done in phase 4 to 3...the leaves on the rosettes of beet. Despite the fact that in the initial stage of the beet grows very slowly, hold, this should in time and in wet soil. The rows of plants, depending on the shape and size of the roots, located at a distance of from 5 to 7...8 cm from each other. At 1 p. M. on average, leave up to 15 pieces on 1 sq. m. grow 30 to 50 plants.
One of the indicators of quality of beet roots is their weight. Take into account the fact that excessive thinning leads to growing very large roots, which degrades the quality, appear rough whitish fibrous ring. Saudinet landings used in the early farming of root crops and summer getting product on the beam.
In the case of uneven germination in the beds with beetroot, pulled out the extra plants carefully tended, planted in the place of unwanted passes in the beds or to other crops (onions, lettuce, cabbage). The exception would be beans and mustard, as beets their neighborhood does not like.
After thinning, the transplanted and the plants carefully watered. In the future, until complete survival monitor the humidity of the soil, and with the appearance of the soil crust carry out shallow cultivation around the plants.
Variety with cylindrical roots after transplanting grow up with deformed shapes and transplant the extra seedlings thinned of such varieties is not recommended. Although they survive as good as other varieties.