You will need
  • - passport;
  • permission from the owner;
  • - agreement on the use of housing;
  • - lease agreement;
  • - certificate of ownership.
Decide what registration you need permanent or temporary. She and the other give the right to stay and work in Moscow, and a temporary can be issued without any loss of residence in another region, if you have one. If you rent, the more real the second option - the owner is unlikely to agree to register you in his apartment on a regular basis.
Gather the necessary documents. You will need to seek the written consent of the owner, and for temporary registration in a communal apartment - all roommates. Also, if you apply for permanent residence registration in Moscow you will need to draw up a contract of tenure. It does not need to be notarized, enough signatures of people between whom the agreement is concluded. If you already have a lease, it will be enough. A new agreement is required, if, for example, live friends free of charge. Remove the copy of the certificate of ownership of the apartment and paste it from existing documents.
Visit the local Department of Federal migration service or a Single information clearing centre. Please submit all the documents and fill in a special statement for provisional and permanent registration. Pay the appropriate state fee and leave your passport there for putting a mark on registration.
After the specified period you take away a passport from a state institution. You will be considered officially registered for the selected address. If you were issued a temporary registration, you will need to renew it after each expiration.