What you need for bathing a newborn
The procedure of bathing pleasure for both him and his parents need to prepare for it in advance and purchase the necessary fixtures and tools:
- a baby bath for bathing;
- thermometer for measuring water temperature;
- disinfectant (solution of manganese and soda for baths);
- herbs (series, chamomile, etc.);
- baby soap (pharmacies offer liquid form for convenience);
- 3% hydrogen peroxide and disinfectant for treatment of the navel;
- a large soft towel;
clothes after bathing (pants and vest).
When you can bathe a newborn for the first time
Many parents are worried about when the first time you can bathe the baby immediately upon return from the hospital or to wait for complete healing of the umbilical cord. If there are no contraindications, it is better to bathe the baby after the arrival.
For the first bathing of the newborn better water to boil. For disinfection use a weak solution of potassium permanganate or brewed herbs. You should pay attention to the temperature regime of the room where the procedure will be. It should not be below 24°C. the water Temperature for bathing should not exceed 36°C. usually bathing relaxes the baby, so it is best to carry out the procedure in the evening and certainly daily.
How to bathe baby
Newborn seems so fragile that many parents are afraid to take him in her arms. Do not be afraid. The main thing – to put his head on his hand and the other hand to support baby's butt. The water itself will keep it. Holding the head and upper body, you can gently pour water with his free hand.
Lathered the baby's head, should be thoroughly washed off. After that, start washing the groin area, armpits. Correctly bathing a newborn is a snap, if you have a helper. But alone the mother could cope. Many people are worried that water may get into the ears and nose of the baby. It's not terrible. She only washed and free from unnecessary germs.
During bathing the baby, you can turn on the tummy. After the whole procedure you should rinse the child's previously prepared with water from another tank. It should be a little cooler to the one in which it was bathing. Enough 34-35 °C for rinsing baby. It is better to put on your arm tummy down.
For the first time for bathing is about 5 minutes, and then gradually you can increase the time to 15 minutes. Importantly, during this period, the water gets cold.
The baby was not nervous, while swimming you need to talk or to sing a song. He needs to feel that mom is near and he doesn't need to be afraid of unfamiliar environment.
You need to start to bathe the newborn in a small amount of water, gradually increasing its volume, if the baby is frightened and crying. In extreme cases, can wipe with baby wipes. Soap when bathing it is enough to use only once a week.
Not dangerous bathing a newborn
A high probability that many parents pay so much attention to a simple, seemingly simple procedure because of the fear that while bathing a child can swallow the water or even drown. This is a false alarm. The body of a newborn baby is perfectly adapted to such conditions: if liquid gets in the airway occurs reflex spasm, breath holding. So to drown the baby can not in principle.
Modern education and training school of young parents are specially trained to dip babies in the bath with the head, so that a child no longer lost such a useful skill. The fact is that if the newborn when bathing doesn't dive reflex fades around the age of two months.
Some useful tips
What else to consider when bathing the baby to have the procedure was a pleasant occupation:
1. When bathing it is not recommended to close the door in the room. In this case, the temperature should be the same as in the bathroom and in the room where the baby will wear, to be put to sleep.
2. To prevent drafts in the apartment.
3. Starting from the second month of life the baby gradually reduce the water temperature to 32°C for hardening.
4. While bathing a newborn is possible and even necessary to use special circles for swimming and slides. This will create convenience for parents and comfort for baby.
Do not be afraid of this rather easy procedure. Baby will enjoy the process and soon he will be willing to flounder in the adult bath.
Advice 2 : How to wash newborns
- You need to wash newborns in special trays, preferably not very large as kids scaring large space. The market today, you can find a special bath for bathing babies, and many of them are made in such a way that the kid was comfortable to be inside. These trays anatomical shape do not allow the child to slip to the bottom thanks to special support under the back, and it means that the head of the newborn will always be above the water, and the process of bathing will be safer.
- To bathe the newborn in the first day after returning home from the hospital (if a vaccination against tuberculosis was made on the day of discharge, then the day after it). After bathing is necessary to remove excess water from belly button – it's best to do with sticks.
- The child is not acting up, try to bathe him every day at the same time. Children quickly get used to the fact that at a certain time you have to swim, and not so sensitive to the procedure.
- Don't forget to measure the water temperature in the bath before bathing. All treatments for newborns should be in a warm room, the temperature of the air which does not go below 24-26 degrees. The recommended water temperature for swimming pools varies between 36-39 degrees.
- For swimming you will need a soft towel and baby washcloth, Terry cloth. To shampoo, flowing down from the head, did not hit a child in the eyes and ears, you can use a special visor.
- If the child is afraid to swim or fussy, try offering him a variety of toys for bathing. Then the child will not get bored sitting in the tub, and will perceive bathing as a kind of game.
- For a child developed Allergy, use during bathing only special baby soap. To three months the children should not be bathed with shampoos, foam baths or perfumes. After the child is redeemed, it should be cleaned. The process of wiping should be careful, because baby's skin is very vulnerable. At the same time dry the skin thoroughly, since increased humidity often causes the development of skin diseases. The umbilical wound after bathing should be treated with hydrogen peroxide.
Advice 3 : How to wash newborn baby
- - a towel
- - a means for bathing;
- - potassium permanganate or decoction of herbs.
Advice 4 : How to bathe baby
There are a number of factors indicating that the baby should:
- Bathing brings the child pleasure. In the water the baby feels comfortable and secure. The fact that at an early age on a subconscious level he remembers how there was in my mom's belly. That is, the liquid is the usual habitat for the newborn baby.
- When bathing the child gets the exercise he needs for a certain age period.
- Bathing helps the child to Express their emotions and in this way to communicate with others.
- As you know, after the water treatment in humans improves appetite. Small children are no exception to this rule.
- The kid held daily water treatments, less risk of colds.
How to bathe a baby?
Monitor the hygiene of the child should from the first day of his life. But to bathe him in the adult bath is allowed only when the umbilical wound is fully tightened. Usually the healing of the navel occurs about two weeks after birth. Up to this point can carry out hygienic procedures in other ways:
1. Use a small tub specially adapted for bathing infants. Water previously boiled.
2. You can wipe the baby with special baby wipes.
When the umbilical wound has healed, you can start to bathe baby in a large adult bath, using ordinary tap water. Thus, in additional boiling it already need not be.
In order that the baby slept all night, you should bathe him about half an hour. In this case, the body will expend a sufficient amount of energy, and to fill it only through a long good night's sleep. Exactly why carry out the procedure of bathing in the evening, before feeding.
What can you add to the water when bathing the baby?
In fact, bathing your baby simple and with clean water, without any additives. Supplements in this case is designed only for the improvement of any necessary result.
Possible options of additives to the water for bathing the baby:
Potassium permanganate. Used as an anti-inflammatory. But when used for bathing the baby in the adult bath effect of potassium permanganate will be very small. The fact that the tool is effective only in large numbers, while the excessive addition of potassium permanganate in water for bathing in danger of receiving burns on baby's delicate skin.
Series. Known for its antibacterial and calming effect. Is the most secure means for your child, as it does not irritate the skin, does not dry and is hypoallergenic.
It is not recommended to wipe the baby as it can harm its delicate skin. Better to just wrap baby in a towel and excessive moisture will be absorbed itself. After drying on baby's skin you can apply cream, oil or lotion, as needed. When choosing cosmetics for care of newborns need to take into account the opinion of a pediatrician.