Advice 1: How to learn about the number of shares

It often happens that shareholders do not remember or do not know how much they have in stock and what they are. To restore this information it is possible not only in the office of joint-stock companies, but also through the company Registrar.
How to learn about the number of shares
Please contact the office or representative office of the company, the shareholder of which is you. Please show your passport. If while you were a shareholder, you have changed passport data, provide documents confirming the legality of such changes (e.g., certificate of marriage). Do not attempt to call the company to find the information you want. This information is not provided.
Many businesses do not keep records of its shareholders alone and transfer these functions to the companies-registrars. So you do not need to submit written requests, as in the best case, you only will tell you where to go; and at worst – will simply ignore your appeal.
Find out who maintains the register of shareholders of the company. It is easy to find on the Internet using a search resource. Or visit are links to the official sites of the largest Russian registrars, such as "interregional registration center".
Click on each link and look in one of the lists name or JSC, a shareholder of which is you. Review the list of necessary documents to the company, the Registrar responded to your request. This is usually:
- correctly filled application form individuals (in the form of the questionnaire can be found on the website of the company Registrar);

- copy of passport (all pages including blank)

- the order for the issue of required information from the registry (the form can be found on the website of the company Registrar).
Contact your notary to ensure that he assured all documents, and only then send them the letter with the notice to the address the Registrar.

Advice 2 : How to fill in the register of shareholders

The register of shareholders is a document which contains all data about the company, the holders of shares, categories, dividends and the documents confirming the transactions with securities.
How to fill in the register of shareholders
Joint-stock companies with number of participants less than 50 employees keep a register of shareholders independently. When the number of participants more than 50 shareholders business register maintenance are transferred to the organization having the license.
The register of shareholders contains the information about the company, the amount of the share capital, number and nominal value of shares, data on all persons who are nominal holders of shares or their owners. It also collected information about the repurchased by the company shares (number, value and category); data on the payment of dividends; the details confirming the transaction with shares documents.
Joint stock company is obliged to open each shareholder or to a nominee account in the registry, to perform any operations with shares on their behalf, to provide access to the register of shareholders, make changes and additions to issue statements and carry out the remaining steps associated with the maintenance of the register.
You can keep a registry on paper or in electronic form. The paper version is the original and must be signed by the Chairman of the Board of Directors and chief accountant, stamped.
All change records are entered in the register within 3 days upon demand of a shareholder or nominal holder of shares. Any marks are made on the basis of supporting documents. It may be a contract of pledge or sale of stock, transfer orders, judicial acts.
Extracts from the register are issued upon request of a shareholder upon presentation of a written request. The statement will only be issued for those shares owned by the shareholder.
Useful advice
All the persons registered in the register of shareholders is obliged to inform the society about changes in their data.

Advice 3 : What are dividends and what they "eat"

Dividends often referred to as part of the total income, which is divided accordingly between the owners. The amount and procedure of payment is determined by a special Board of shareholders. It is worth considering that the percentage can be obtained once a year or never. Indeed, in connection with its payment of the capital decrease of the organization.
What are dividends and what they "eat"

There are several varieties of such payments. In particular, final and intermediate. The latter can be obtained in the course of the year. In addition, dividends paid in stock or cash.

That is, such a payout is any profit received by a participant in the distribution of income of the company after tax. Moreover, the profit should be divided among all owners.

Organizations do not always pay the same percentage. Sometimes, part of the profit remains on the company's balance sheet. There are several reasons. For example, the company is committed to stability. That is, it tries to provide all sorts of market fluctuations.

Also to reduce the amount of dividends affects the need for investment. In particular, the head may decide to levy a certain amount in the event of various circumstances.

It is worth considering that dividends are taxed higher taxes. Therefore, due to differences in basis, they can decrease.


Often such payment corresponds to the share of the shareholder. In order to make the right calculation, you should know a few variables. For example, the share of net income, the sum of taxes and profits at this stage. In addition, you will need the information on the number of shares and the level of payments for the privilege. Ordinary shares do not have an established income, and the rest is paid immediately.

Net income is calculated as the difference between the taxable profit and the amount of budget allocations. In the Charter of the organization specifies a certain part of the money that goes to interest payments. This number is multiplied by the value of net profit.


In various situations, participants are unable to obtain your percentage. This is due to lack of full repayment of the installation of capital. In addition, the appearance of signs of bankruptcy is also a limitation. If the value of the assets less cost of share capital, to receive dividends is unlikely.

Is the advice useful?