Your chances to return the Deposit for the apartment is high enough, if from a legal point of view the preliminary agreement you made in writing, and the Deposit made as a private person a private person in a small size. For example, the advance does not exceed one or two thousand dollars. Most people do not believe that for such sums should go to court. Typically, sellers agree to repay the money, especially if we are talking about the return of the amount, to still compensate for their time spent on you. Call for compromise.
If you gave an advance payment to a private person, a fact certified by a notary, that the Board appropriate the same. Call the seller, try to trust the form to explain your problem. If the seller has entered your position, then make an appointment with the same notary public who signed the preliminary contract. Sign the termination of contract, but require that the seller had given everything in exchange for a receipt. Reward the opponent for his time is at your discretion.
You made an advance Deposit on the real estate brokerage firm. The scheme is simple enough: your advance will be equal to or greater than those fees that are already incorporated in the price of the apartment. Thus, realtors are insured against non-payment of their services. The Commission of realtors is equivalent to substantial amounts, to give the money no one is interested. Try to discuss the problem with the Manager of the company. Rarely there are still cases that the administrative staff of the office is to meet the client. If you have more than a few thousand dollars, it is best to consult lawyers. Often firm, gaining staff, prefers the entrepreneurial spirit and assertiveness of the candidate, not his education. You have high chances that the realtor made an agreement illiterate. Let your contract examined by a lawyer. If the lawyer will find at least one thing, to achieve the settlement agreement would be easy. They are afraid that in case of your victory, will have to return the entire amount of your bailand to pay legal bills, to pay you for damages.