- 0.5 kg frozen capelin;
- 1 onion medium size;
- 1 carrot
- 25-30 g butter;
- salt and ground black pepper.
- First you need to prepare the fish. It needs to be defrosted. Experts advise thawed capelin in cold, or rather, in the refrigerator. In this case, it will remain not only awesome taste of fish, but virtually all the nutrients included in its composition.
- When the fish is thawed completely, it should be clean. You have to remove the head, insides and black film, which can spoil the taste of the finished dish. Then you need to carefully rinse the pieces in cool water, better if it is running.
- Then you can move on to preparing the vegetables. Remove the peel and wash them. Then the onion with a sharp knife cut into thin half-rings, carrots ― circles.
- In the pan lay the fish. This should be done carefully so the fish were fairly tight to each other. Then they should be pepper and salt. You can also add spices that you like best, for example, Bay leaf, pepper and so on.
- Chopped vegetables laid out on top of capelin evenly. And then there's a layer cut into a thin plate of butter. In that case, if the dish is prepared with greater amounts of fish, together with vegetables should be spread in several layers.
- Then in the pan you need to add a small amount of clean water. Keep in mind that fish should only be slightly covered with liquid. Then put it on the fire. When the water starts boiling, reduce the fire to low and don't forget to cover the container lid.
- The dish is cooked a quarter of an hour (15 minutes). After this time, remove the pan from the fire, but do not remove the cover. Let the dish stew for at least 10 minutes. Very tasty and flavorful dish is ready.