The first and most important secret is the lack of marinade. This kebab is marinated in its own juice with just onion, Basil and spices. The second secret is meat with streaks of fat. Because the fat gives an incredible richness to the finished kebab. The third secret is enough large pieces of meat. This size of meat allows you to get a fried crust and a juicy middle.
- 1 kg of pork;
- 1 kg of onions;
- 1 bunch Basil;
- 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- First you need to buy fresh pork meat with streaks of fat, which is not subjected to freezing. Why streaked with fat? Because they give the meat the desired juiciness.
- So, the meat cut into large pieces weighing 100-150 g.
- Whole onions peel, wash and cut into thick rings.
- Take a large container, put in it pieces of meat, onions and chopped Basil. Mix everything thoroughly with your hands, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- The prepared meat marinate at least 1 hour at room temperature or 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- After this time remove marinated pork from the refrigerator and thread on skewers with two blades. Note that you can take and the usual skewers, but such large pieces of meat can be scrolled.
- Skewered kebabs fry, turning regularly, only on the grill and only burned on the coals, which will perfectly give its heat to the meat. Note that the cooking times will be long, as the pieces of meat large enough. But the final taste Armenian kebab is worth it!
- The readiness of the meat to check the puncture of a sharp knife. If in the middle of the piece there is still pus, the meat is raw. If flow transparent juice, the shish kebab is ready.
- Serve fried Armenian barbecue you need with fleshy and ripe tomatoes, fresh Basil and soft cheese, for example, Suluguni.
This barbecue does not require sauce, but if you really want, you can serve pomegranate Narsharab sauce, preferably homemade.