- Red beans - 800 g;
- Beef - 700 g;
- Walnuts - 200 g;
- Bunch of fresh parsley and cilantro;
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves;
- Red pepper, salt;
- Olive oil;
- Ground coriander - 1 tsp;
- Wine vinegar - 50 g;
- Tomato paste - 3 tbsp or fresh tomatoes - 600 g;
- Onion - 1 PC.
- Pre-soaked beans should be boiled and then lightly mash them with a spoon. If when cooking beans in a pot, add cold water, it boils much faster.
- Beef, cut in small square pieces, stew in a deep frying pan or cauldron, which are pre-coated with olive oil. Simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Onions cut into rings, add to beef and simmer until cooked meat, gradually adding the tomato paste with crushed in a blender walnuts. If you are using fresh tomatoes, they must be pre-peel. To do this for a few seconds, drop them in hot water and after pour cold. After such a contrast with the water peel vegetables removed quite easily.
- When the meat in the pan will be almost ready, pour in the wine vinegar.
- Along with the beans add to the pan finely chopped garlic. The dish should be stew for another 10 minutes. Next, add the finely chopped parsley and cilantro.
- Cover with the lid and give lobio to infuse for 5-10 minutes.
Recipes this Georgian meals can contain other ingredients, such as carrots, green beans. Lobio is served to the table, usually hot.