- Red beans – 200 g;
- Onions white onions – 3 PCs;
- Chicken breast – 500 g;
- Carrots – 2 PCs;
- Water – 250 ml;
- Tomato paste – 3 tbsp;
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l;
- Rinse red beans and soak it in water for 7-10 hours. It is recommended to leave it overnight. If to soften the beans need more time, replace the water to clean and put another couple of hours in the fridge.
- When the beans swell, drain and thoroughly rinse the beans with clean water.
- Put the beans in a saucepan and cover with cold water so that it was half an inch above the beans, completely closed it.
- Put the saucepan on a high heat. Wait until the water starts boiling, drain the water and again cover the beans with cold water, but this time the water level should exceed the beans for 5-6 inches. This will reduce the cooking time.
- Bring beans to a boil over high heat, add salt and reduce heat. Cover and cook on low heat until tender. Cooking time will depend on the varieties of beans, the number, and if it swelled. Beans can be prepared from 50 minutes to 2 hours.
- When the beans become soft, drain the water and proceed to the preparation of the dishes.
- Peel the white onion and chop it. Peel the carrots and grate on a coarse grater.
- Heat a pan, pour oil into it and put there vegetables. Fry onions and carrots on high heat until Golden color, stirring occasionally.
- Rinse chicken breast and cut it into cubes.
- To the onions and carrots, add 3 tablespoons of tomato paste and fry for a minute.
- Put in pan with chicken. Add salt. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the breast acquires a white color.
- Now put the pan of beans and pour it a Cup of boiling water. Tightly close the pan with a lid and simmer its contents to simmer for 15 minutes until meat is tender.
- Turn off the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Serve hot, pre-topped with fresh greens.
If desired, the beans you can substitute lentils or use white beans.