- 4 slices of loaf with a thickness of 2 cm (one portion);
- 1 egg;
- 0,5 glass of milk;
- 1 tsp vanilla extract;
- 1 tbsp of powdered sugar to your taste;
- diced apples (1-2 PCs);
- 1 tbsp. butter;
- ground cinnamon to taste;
- brown sugar (a quarter Cup).
- First you need to prepare the filling. Take a large frying pan, heat it in butter over medium or high heat. Apples spread out on the pan, you can sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Fry for four minutes until Golden brown apples. Do not forget to constantly stir.
- Ready stuffing to lay out on a saucer or plate and put aside.
- Cook themselves toast. Each slice of the loaf is slightly undercut to form a pocket. In it lay the Apple filling in three tablespoons to each slice of bread. It is advisable not to stuff the French toast until it stops, the rest of the filling to use later.
- In a separate bowl put the vanilla, egg and pour the milk. Whisk the resulting mass, but do not need to overdo it.
- Anoint the pan with vegetable oil and heat on low or medium heat.
- Take each slice of bread and dip in milk, then spread on a hot pan. Fry each side for about three minutes, until a Golden crust. Vegetable oil should be spread across the pan evenly, otherwise the middle part of the slice of bread will not have time fry, and toast get soggy with the milk-egg mixture.
Ready croutons served on a platter, sprinkled with powdered sugar. If you have Apple filling, it also can serve as a jam.