Types of knee pads
Distinguish types of knee pads, manufactured from the following materials:
- knee pads of elastin or lycra – provides elastic hold and air circulation;
- knee pads made of neoprene – has an additional warming effect;
- knee pads made of nylon have high strength and lasting wear;
knee pads, spandex – well-covering the knee and have vazduhoplovstvo ability;
knee pads, cotton has anti-allergic and interstriae properties, are suitable for people with sensitive skin.
The main task of the knee is locking, fastening a knee-joint ligaments. The type of fixing distinguish light, medium and hard knee pads. Easy to apply soft cotton knee pads, medium – hard knee pads with inserted fasteners to maintain the patella in the correct position, tight to the knee with a rigid lateral strips or metal locks to reduce loose joints.
The type of pain that occurs in the joint, there are following types of knee pads:
- closed type – used when the difficulty of identifying the exact location of pain, provide easy fixing and supporting effect for the patella, suitable for sports;
open type: here also distinguish between the subtypes of knee pads, namely knee pads with adjustable tensioning for rehabilitation and knee pads with rigid side ribs for use during the pains;
- knee pad for supporting the tendon;
- knee pad with integrated infrared heating – it is used to relieve acute pain.
The knee pad should fit to fix and to fit the joint, but not to press it. The stronger pain and more serious stage of the disease, the tighter must be the knee. It is recommended to wear knee pad for 3-4 hours a day and additionally during intense load on the legs.
To determine the size of the knee is measured by the girth of 15 inches from the knee and the circumference of the knee. Take measurements, and to appoint the knee brace should the doctor, because the doctor will select the right all parameters of the knee pad: material, size, and level of fixation. Before blindly using the knee, the patient must be trained to prevent swelling and incorrect fixation of the joint.
The use of knee braces in the treatment of osteoarthritis has the following effects:
- reduction of pain and reduction of inflammation;
the elimination of oedema and tension;
- normalization of circulation of blood;
- ensuring freedom of movement up to opportunities to play sports.