Advice 2 : How to get to the monastery
It is in the monastery itself can be discarded, take up your cross daily and to work hard, to be a follower of Christ, not to look back in front of difficulties. You can't fall into despair or become discouraged. If the man decided to get to the monastery, it means he came to be saved and to acquire humility. And humility is achieved through obedience, obeying the leaders of the monastery.
To get to the monastery, there are several ways. The simplest, but most risky, is to get there on their own, without prior coordination with the services of the monastery, because in this case at the hotel at the monastery may not be the place. It would be better if you try to coordinate your visit with the pilgrimage service of the monastery.
Leaning a monk, a man brings to God the vows. This is quite a serious step, and that man made a mistake, once having decided on this, in the monastery of his long experience. There are several stages of monastic life:
1. The first level is novice. When people come to get acquainted with the monastery and work there "for the glory of God," that is not for money. Being a novice, a person can always return to the world, and it does not entail sin. Employee must live in the monastery, subject to its internal regulations, performing the work that it will charge the leadership of the monastery. The searcher at the monastery provides a hostel and food.
2. The second step is a novice. Novices are the people who decided to become a monk and wrote to the brethren of the petition for admission. If the Abbot convinced of the seriousness of the man, he enrolled in the brethren of the monastery, given a cassock, and the man begins a probationary period. Time is different for everyone and can reach several years. A novice can deny his intentions and go into the world. This is discouraged, but not forbidden.
3. The third stage – a monk. The person giving the vows, no turning back, because a betrayal of the vows is treason to God and a great sin.
Many of the monasteries have their own websites on the Internet, and if you decided to go to the monastery, write about yourself to the email address interested the monastery to his leadership could make a decision.
Advice 3 : How to go to the monastery
Advice 4 : How to go to the convent
- In order for the woman to leave the monastery will need:
- - passport;
- - certificate of marital status;
- - autobiography;
- - the application addressed to the abbess.
Advice 5 : How to go to monks
Advice 6 : Where to leave the monastery
Advice 7 : How to live at the monastery
- Internet, phone
Advice 8 : How nuns live in the monastery
How the life of nuns
Those who are looking for peace and tranquility, trying to get away from problems, hiding behind the monastery walls, as a rule, I don't know anything about how the nuns live in the monastery.
Many women believe that nuns from early morning until late at night to pray, seeking salvation and remission of their sins, and all mankind, but it is not. To read the daily prayers is given no more than 4-6 hours, and the rest of the time is dedicated to the performance of certain duties, the so-called obediences. For some of the sisters ' obedience is to perform garden work, someone who works in the kitchen, and someone engaged in embroidery, cleaning, or care. All that is necessary for life, the nuns produce and grow themselves.
Seek medical assistance to novices and nuns are not forbidden. Moreover, in every monastery has a sister with medical education and specific experience in this area.
Worldly people somehow believe that nuns have limited interaction with the outside world and with each other. This view is mistaken – the sisters allowed to communicate among themselves and with people who have no relation to the monastery and to serve the Lord. But idle babble is not welcome, the conversation always comes down to the canons of Christianity, the commandments of God and the service of the Lord. In addition, to convey the laws of Christianity and to serve as an example of obedience for the laity – this is one of the main responsibilities and purpose of the original nuns.
Watching TV and reading secular literature in the monastery is not encouraged, although both are there. But Newspapers and television are perceived by the inhabitants of the monastery is not as entertainment but as a source of information about what is happening outside the walls of their residence.
How to become nuns
Becoming a nun is not as easy as many believe. After coming to the monastery, the girl given time, with at least 1 year to understand their choice and get acquainted with the life of the nuns. This year she goes from a pilgrim to trudnica.
A pilgrim is not allowed to eat, not attend worship and does not communicate with the nuns. If the desire to serve God is not lost during the seclusion, the girl becomes trudnica and gets the right to participate in the life of the monastery along with all its inhabitants.
After the filing of the petition on the tonsure is not less than 3 years before there is a sacrament of initiation and the girl becomes a true nun.