You will need
- - acorn
- - deep pot
- - forest soil
Oaktype acorns can be collected in autumn or spring. Both the time of year is good in this respect on its own. Fall under any oak you will find so many acorns that they can grow a whole grove. However, not all of them will be of good quality, germination, they may be even below 10%. The overwintered acorns, especially those after the snow hatch sprouts, sprout with a probability of 80-90%, but to find them will be not so easy. Most of them will die in the snow or be eaten by rodents.
But, if you found this hatched acorn, you're in luck. Type in a deep bucket of forest soil mixed with remnants of last year's leaves, place the acorn horizontally on the ground, lightly sprinkle it liberally pour and be patient. Oak is always first develops the root system and only then releases the outer blade. The wait can take up to 1,5-2 months. Not raskatyvaete earth to see what was going on with acorn. To worry less, put 3-4 acorn. One of them always comes up.
Do not let the soil dry out, but do not pour the sprouts to prevent them from rotting. To keep the oak house can be up to two years of age, after which it should be transplanted to a permanent place. Do not worry if the seedling after planting defoliation. The young tree has yet to adapt to the natural climatic conditions. But oaks are hardy and pretty soon they will have new crown.
If you want to make change less painful, unable for one year to leave the tree in the pot, but put it outside to oak had a good experience.
If the young plant was struck by powdery mildew, spray the foliage with 1% solution of copper sulfate.
They say that oak trees are very sociable and grow better, if they kept talking. In addition, they have strong energy and can donate its strength, helping in combating diseases. You only need to touch the trunk and tell him about their troubles.