- Large onions – 4 PCs.;
- Potatoes – 4 PCs.;
- Wheat flour – 35 g;
- Milk – 500 ml;
- Butter – 35 g;
- Bacon – 250 g;
- Seasoning "Provencal herbs" or some other seasoning.
- Before you start cooking the basic dishes - bacon and potatoes, you need to prepare white sauce, which is poured over the dish before you put it in the oven. To do this, melt the butter in a saucepan. Pour the flour and stir on low fire.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, reduce the heat. Leave the mixture to simmer for a few minutes, then remove the pan from the heat and gradually pour the milk into it, stirring regularly.
- Then the mixture is again put on the stove. When heated, the sauce will begin to thicken. To avoid lumps, it must continuously stir with a spoon. When the sauce comes to a boil, reduce the heat to its lowest and let the sauce stew. The consistency of the sauce should be thick, like cream. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Now prepare the main dish. Potatoes wash, peel and cut into circles. To put it in cold water, it is necessary that the potato became dark.
- Clean onions and chop them.
- Next, prepare the bacon. To cut bacon, peel and chop the bacon slices into small pieces.
- A baking dish (you can take a beautiful fireproof dish) grease and put the ingredients in layers. First layer potatoes, second layer of the onion and a third layer to lay the bacon. Each stacked layer sprinkle with salt and pepper, and the herbs selected to taste. To repeat a sequence of layers, and at the end add a layer of potatoes should he be the top.
- Prepared and Packed with layers of ingredients, pour sauce and put in the oven on the middle shelf. The oven temperature is 180-190 degrees. Baked potatoes with bacon about a half hour. In the last 20 minutes to move form high to brown the top of dishes.
- Before serving baked potatoes with bacon, you can garnish with fresh herbs.