In principle, this salad consists of vegetables and if not to overdo it and its consumption, everything will be fine. The problem arises with the addition of mayonnaise, which contains a large amount of fat. Let's see how to make this favorite salad healthier decoration of the table.
Simple tips on how to "alleviate" the salad "Olivier"
• Put more vegetables than usual
• Eliminate the sausage/meat
• Forget the mayonnaise
• Add your favourite herbs
For cooking healthy salad "Olivier salad you will need:
• 1 kg of potatoes
• A jar of sterilized peas
• 4 cornichons
• 3 carrots
• 1 parsley root
• 1 onion
• 1 small celery (or 1/4 large)
• 260 ml of yoghurt (you can add more)
• 1-2 tablespoons mustard (depending on personal taste)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 eggs
You don't have enough courage for major changes? In this case, try half the usual amount of mayonnaise to replace the yogurt. This light version does not recognize even avid opponents of a healthy diet!
• Previously, the day before cooking, boil the potatoes in their skins until cooked and let it cool.
• Boil the carrots, celery and parsley, and after cooling cut into cubes. If you want to add to the salad and eggs, now is the time to prepare them.
• Also slice the cucumbers and the potatoes, finely chop onion (can spill their hot water, thus reducing the sharpness).
• In a bowl mix potatoes, carrots, celery, parsley, onions, cucumbers, peas, and in the presence of boiled eggs. Add yogurt and mustard to taste. For taste and flavor, besides salt and pepper, can also add a tablespoon of lemon juice or Apple cider vinegar.
• Finish the salad, leave for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. But the most delicious he will be the next day.