Advantages of dry Creek at the site
• With the help of dry Creek you'll be able to successfully beat any uncomfortable or unsightly part of the landscape, turning its disadvantages into advantages. Instead of all this align to create the perfect lawn, you can simply decorate successfully, earning at least a spectacular result.
• Dry riverbed can play a role of drainage trench in areas prone to flooding.
• The creation of a dry Creek with their hands will require much less money and work than a full-fledged stream or pond. Because you will not need to expend energy and money on excavation, waterproofing, installation of pumping and purification equipment.
• The undoubted advantage of dry Creek – easy care. It does not require water changes, filtration, control of acid-base balance, anti-overgrowing of the reservoir and foaming water, etc.
• Design of dry Creek plants involves selection of not only hydrophilic species. When planting you focus only on the degree of illumination of the site, but her choice also depends on you. Want – can make a shady pond with ferns, or a babbling brook field with poppies and cornflowers on the beach, or a mountain stream among boulders covered with moss. Options – a great many.
How to build a dry Creek with your own hands: the main stages
• In the preparatory phase it is necessary to define the main idea, place and form of the reservoir, to outline its contours. In the extended footage will look good in the pond, expanding the space for the square space well suited the Creek, giving it depth.
• When the device dry Creek in the country it is necessary to remember about simulating its source and mouth. For example, a small depression with this water, located on a hill and lined the perimeter with rocks, may represent the source. The extension of the channel to the Bush stick button, or greater of the plants or the fence as if means falling into another "pond".
• Water in a dry pond usually replace crushed stone, colored (blue, blue-green or blue) pebbles or gravel. A more original solution may be the filling his glass blue granules or landing within the boundaries of the channel colors blue or bright blue color, such as bell Pozharskogo. The boundaries outline the coast with stones of different sizes.
• Surface preparation for dry Creek is quite simple: you must remove the sod from the outlined area to a depth of 10-15 cm, then fill and seal about 5 cm of sand, on top lay a film or geotextile, prevents germination of weeds. The mainstream is ready to decorate with gravel or pebbles, large stones and plants you can add architectural elements like bridges or sculptures.
All, your pond is ready!