Often the main causes of bad mood are rooted in a lack of nutrients, vitamins, micro - and macroelements. Studies have shown that what we eat and how our brain works, directly related to each other. The lack of 10 vitamins and minerals, namely calcium, chromium, zinc, folic acid, iron, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins B6, B12 and vitamin D can lead to worsening of mood, depression and fatigue.
1. Calcium is a very important trace element, without which our body simply cannot exist. Especially great influence calcium has on the status of women. It will help to not only get rid of PMS, but also the associated depression. Often it happens that we are constantly drawn to sweet it is a sure sign of lack of calcium in the body. Make sure that your body is getting enough of this trace mineral, and not only will you have strong teeth and bones, but also healthy heart. Calcium is found in abundance in dairy products such as cheese, yogurt and cottage cheese and it can be found in cabbage, baked potatoes, broccoli, nuts, and beans. But most of all, calcium was detected in sesame seeds! Just 100 grams of sesame seeds will cover the daily need for this essential trace element.
2. Chromium helps increase serotonin in the blood, the "pleasure hormone", which improves the mood and is therefore used in the treatment of depression. A lack of chromium does not allow the body to regulate insulin levels in the blood, which can lead not only to diabetes but also impaired vision and high blood pressure. It contains mostly the grapefruit juice, broccoli, mashed potatoes, Turkey breast, whole grain crops, cereals and liver.
3. Zinc is responsible for a strong immune system. The lack of this trace element in the body leads to depression, malaise, loss of appetite, anemia and so on. In order to maintain a good mood, doctors often recommend eating foods rich in zinc. In the treatment of depression, this vitamin is prescribed together with antidepressants, as it reduces the resulting side effects. Eat pumpkin seeds, cashews, pork loin, Swiss cheese, and perfect mood is guaranteed!
4. Folic acid has a powerful antidepressant effect. It also helps to put in order a hormonal background, to establish the menstrual cycle and to help with conceiving a child. Folic acid is found in fresh vegetables and fruits. It is especially rich in spinach, asparagus, Brussels sprouts and avocado. In order to get this important vitamin from food, you should avoid heat treatment of foods, as folic acid is destroyed by exposure to elevated temperature.
5. Iron is essential for the beauty of hair, skin and nails. Also, this is an essential trace element involved in the processes of intracellular metabolism and hematopoiesis. Weakness, apathy, frequent mood swings are closely linked with iron deficiency in the body. Soybeans, lentils, beef steak, Turkey helps you to replenish iron deficiency and to cope with depression.
6. Magnesium is a mineral responsible for good memory, strong bones and a healthy heart. Fatigue, irritability, lack of concentration, susceptibility to stress - all this is a result of insufficient magnesium in the body. Add to your diet almonds, spinach, cashews and peanuts, and your life will be no place for depression and bad mood!
7. Many people know about the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids, but not all can answer, why are they so necessary for our body. First, they are important for the normal functioning of the brain. Secondly, adequate supply of this element in the body is directly related to a beautiful and healthy skin. Nuts, fish, olive oil are natural sources of omega-3 fats. Eating salmon, trout or herring two times a week will help to avoid mood swings and maintain a positive emotional background.
8. Full absorption of omega-3 fatty acids is impossible without vitamin B6. Find this vitamin in meat, eggs, cereals, milk, cheese and fish.
9. Vitamin B12 reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood, has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, and is also actively involved in the synthesis of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Contained in fish, eggs, meat, and milk.
10. Vitamin D in combination with calcium plays an important role in strengthening the immune system. It is often a lack associated with lack of fresh air, the sun and the lack in the diet such products as fish oil, fish and liver, respectively, of the fish meat.
Consuming enough of these crucial vitamins and minerals, you'll not only avoid depression, apathy and fatigue, but will always be in a great mood