Like tied the navel of the newborn
A few years ago immediately after the baby is born its navel was ligated with a silk thread. After this procedure it was necessary to carefully monitor the hygiene of the baby. Bathe your baby only recommended after healing of the wound, using a decoction of herbs that have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.
Today, the procedure of ligation of the umbilicus somewhat simplified. Now for this purpose instead of threads use a special plastic clip that allows you to heal pupochke newborn for a shorter period. This usually occurs before discharge of the baby and mother from hospital. After a certain time paramedic painlessly removes the clip, and the umbilical wound is smeared with a disinfectant solution until it dries and healing. From the accuracy and skill of the midwife depends on how it will look afterwards the navel adult.
Is there a real threat of unleashing a belly button?
If, instead of the special clips for ligation bellybutton of a newborn to use a thread that will be tied unprofessional, there is a risk of unleashing it. Then the baby may experience its life-threatening bleeding, and only on the competence of the doctor will depend on the outcome of the incident.
As for an adult, the answer is simple - the navel would never unleash, because it has grown together, becoming a solid scar. And lifting backbreaking weights is not threatened by this mythical trouble, and the appearance of an umbilical hernia. It can be formed in case of strong tension of the abdominal muscles. This is a very dangerous condition, threatening death. To help in this case can only surgery.
The cause of umbilical hernia in babies is a malformation of the anterior abdominal wall, which greatly increased intra-abdominal pressure. This disease in children is diagnosed quite often, sometimes the defect may spontaneously disappear. In other cases also resorted to surgery.
Sometimes in adulthood, especially in women, umbilical hernia occurs in consequence of the weakening of the umbilical ring.
Another point which you need to fear is injury to the navel. Usually infection of the navel occurs during a piercing carried out illiterate self-taught, or by the use of earrings from low-quality metals. It is also possible accidental damage of navel sharp objects, nails. Purulent the allocation, blood, redness in the belly button - the symptoms that should alert the person and get to see a doctor.
After accidental damage to the navel, the healing process lasts very long and often quite hard
Personal hygiene is important!
An interesting conclusion made by American scientists exploring the human body for the presence of microbes using swabs. From the test results it follows that in the navel their is at least 1.5 thousand. This is the most contaminated area of the body.
Taking a shower, it is necessary to thoroughly wash the navel, not afraid to unleash. Thus, you minimize the amount of harmful microorganisms.