You will need
- - 2 tablespoons of butter;
- - 30 g of chopped onions, shallots;
- - 1 clove of garlic;
- - half tablespoon chopped thyme;
- - 180 ml of any of ale;
- - 500 g of mussels;
- - tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional);
- - 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley;
- - salt and pepper to taste.
Mussels must be washed thoroughly. In a frying pan over medium heat melt the butter and fry the onions for shallots for 4 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and thyme, fry for another 1 minute.
Add to the pan with the ale, bring to the boil and add mussels. Close the pan with a lid, cook the mussels for 6-8 minutes.
Put the mussels on a plate, in a pan add mustard and parsley. Stir the sauce, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and pour them mussels. The perfect addition to the dish will be fried to Golden brown bread.