The percentage of Contracting herpes
The herpes virus is present in the body approximately 90% of the world population. 15% of people herpes sores on lips appear almost every month. In this case, you must consult a doctor who will prescribe long-term treatment antivirals.
This treatment will last 6-12 months.
Eliminate the virus is not possible, but the right treatment helps to get rid of recurrences of herpes. It should be remembered that curing this disease is necessary, as there is a risk of getting the virus in the blood, where it will remain forever and will begin to appear on other parts of the body.
Stages of a cold sore on the lips
1. The skin on your lips starts to itch. There is a slight burning sensation. Reddened area of the skin swells and it produces a bubble.
2. Gradually bubbles getting more of them follows a transparent liquid.
3. A few days later the sores begin to dry and covered with crusts, which are impossible to pluck.
Sometimes the manifestation of the virus is accompanied by malaise and fever.
How to cure herpes on lips
Herpes on the lips always appears at the wrong time. However, it is not necessary to lock up the house, depriving the organism of fresh air. At the first symptoms of the virus can be cured:
• Antiviral ointment. This can be, for example, Zovirax, Acyclovir or Flutsinar. The ointment should be applied to the inflamed area in a thin layer and RUB in light circular movements. This procedure must be repeated every 4-5 hours.
• Special pills for herpes. At the first symptoms, you can take tablets of Cyclovir, Famciclovir or. They need to take the first watch. If vesicles have already appeared, these drugs will not be able to get rid of sores in the short term, it would take 2-3 days.
How to quickly get rid of cold sores folk remedies
If the vesicles on the skin has already appeared, you can use wrapped in a napkin with ice. You need to press to her lips the ice and keep it there as long as possible.
A good helper in the fight against herpes is the garlic. To be treated can be crushed garlic or a specially prepared tool: grind a couple of cloves of garlic, mix them with a teaspoon of instant coffee, two tablespoons of any yogurt and a teaspoon of honey and wheat flour. The resulting mixture was applied to the gauze and put on the inflamed areas.
Effective treatment is also toothpaste, which for the night smeared the wound. In the morning the affected area begins to be covered with a crust and heals pretty quickly.