- - preparations against pests;
- nitrogen fertilizer;
- - potassium-phosphorous fertilizer;
- black plastic film;
- - the straw.
Advice 2 : How to care for strawberries in the summer to harvest
Care for strawberries in the summer: major works
- In the summer you need to keep the earth in the beds wet, make watering strawberries 4-3 about every day, in the heat of the day. Before flowering – sprinkler irrigation, during flowering and fruiting under the roots.
- Mulching the ground with sawdust, pine needles, wheat straw or lay under the bushes film. This will help to hold moisture, deter the growth of weeds and dirty fruit.
- Regularly inspect plant to identify pests or signs of disease, remove damaged parts.
- Feed the strawberries before flowering, and in its initial stage.
In time to collect ripe fruits from the peduncle.
If you want to properly care for your strawberries, be sure to learn in a timely manner and in the right doses to fertilize the plants. A great natural fertilizer for blooming strawberries – the infusion of young nettle, which has a lot of potassium and nitrogen. Is necessary to make 200 g of nettle leaves a bucket of boiling water and infuse for two or three days. After that the liquid should be filtered, spray it in the bushes and feed the roots.
Before blossom can be made for each plant in 0,5 l of such a solution: potassium sulphate (5 g) and nitrophoska (25 g) diluted in a bucket of water. To strawberry gave more ovaries, can be used for spraying of 0.02% solution of zinc sulphate. It can be purchased at the pharmacy and drink a few hours before watering.
Experienced gardeners can give you many recommendations how to care for strawberries in the summer to get a good harvest. You will be able to assess what options give the best result on your garden beds.