Smoothies are much healthier and tastier than usual fruit juice. Because it retains many of the vitamins, minerals and fiber, because unlike regular juice, in the preparation of this drink use the fruit together with the pulp. To prepare a strawberry smoothie, berries should be rinsed thoroughly in cold water and remove the stalk. Then in a blender mix one Cup of strawberries with one glass of natural drinking yoghurt or any other fermented milk drink (sour milk, yogurt, etc.). Optionally, you can add in a drink a teaspoon of honey and a few ice cubes, because smoothies are preferably served cold.
Strawberry smoothies also include other ingredients to taste. For example, one banana and orange peel, cut into pieces, and then mix in a blender with one Cup of strawberries and a Cup of yogurt or kefir. If you want a smoothie, you can add seaweed, spirulina, pollen or soy. Try to prepare several variants of this delicious drink, combining the following products:
1) 1 Cup strawberries, 1/3 Cup blueberries, 2 bananas, 0.5 Cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1.5 cups of natural plain yogurt;
2) 10 strawberries, 1 banana, 1 kiwi, a glass of Apple juice and 2 teaspoons of honey;
3) 1 Cup strawberries, 1 banana, 1 Cup of plain yogurt or low-fat yogurt, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon;
4) 1 Cup strawberries, ½ Cup blueberries, a glass of fresh grapefruit juice, 1 teaspoon of honey;
5) 1 Cup strawberries, 1 banana, 1 glass of drinking yogurt, three tablespoons of muesli.
A portion of this drink is quite possible to replace one meal: lunch or dinner. Especially if you want to lose weight or just maintain your normal weight. Also smoothies are an indispensable source of nutrients for people who cannot eat the rough food, for example in diseases of the stomach and intestines.