Lamb, having from nature the original flavor, the best lends itself to spicy versions.
To prepare mutton stew, you need:
• 700-750 g lamb without bones;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 2.5 cm ginger root;
• vegetable oil;
• a pinch of turmeric and cinnamon;
• 3 pods of cardamom;
• 1 tsp coriander;
• 400-450 ml of broth;
• 1.5 tbsp almonds, chopped or petals;
• salt, pepper;
• 150 g dried apricots.
How to prepare:
1. Finely chop the onion, ginger and garlic and finely grate.
2. Meat cut into medium pieces.
3. Steamed dried apricots, cut into large.
4. In Dutch oven heat oil, fry onion, garlic and ginger until onion is translucent state. Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon.
5. In the same oil fry the lamb. If the roaster is small – fry portions, so that each piece appeared a Golden brown. Return the vegetables with the ginger, mix.
6. Grind the cardamom. Pour all the spices in a roasting pan, you can add a Bay leaf. If you have, cinnamon is best to take the wand. Fry 3 minutes, Add the almonds, pour the broth, after boiling, season with salt and pepper, simmer 45-50 min.
7. Pour the apricots. Mix, cook another 15-20 min.