Ingredients for 4 pot:
- 4 tbsp. of broth;
- 5 slices of bread;
- 2 bulbs;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 8 tbsp grated cheese.
- Before you start cooking the onions should be put in the freezer for 20 minutes, as a chilled onion reduces the secretion of acrid smell. You can still cool the onions in cool water for a few minutes. Then when cutting onions your eyes will flow with tears.
- Chop and sauté in butter or animal fat, garlic and onion. To quickly peel the garlic, you have the wide side of the knife with the power to put pressure on him, then the peel will easily rebound.
- Bread pieces (any kind) thinly slice a small size. Put on a dry frying pan and fry on both sides without using oil.
- The onions are ready, pour broth (from cubes) or boiling water. On top of the broth, put fried bread and sprinkle the cheese, grated.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and send back the soup for about 20-30 minutes.
- To prepare onion soup is best in small pots, and they also apply. To soups based on vegetables spices laying is not recommended, because the soups have enough flavor due to the vegetables themselves.
To give the cheese a fresh look, you need to lower it for a short time in a sour or fresh milk. And that cheese is not dry, you need to store it carefully wrapped in a moderately damp cloth.