Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 tbsp. flour;
- 200 g of butter;
- 4 eggs;
- 1 tbsp. sugar;
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder for the test;
- 1,5 tbsp. walnuts.
Ingredients for caramel:
- 70 g of butter;
- 80 g of brown sugar;
- 2 tbsp sour cream or heavy cream;
- 2 tablespoons of honey;
- ½ Cup walnuts.
- Shelled walnuts pour on baking paper and crush using a rolling pin. If this method is not suitable, you can cut them with a knife into small pieces that will be felt in the cake.
- Butter put in a saucepan, melt and mix with sugar. All beat with a mixer.
- Sift flour and mix with baking powder.
- In butter mass to drive eggs and gradually add the flour with the baking powder, continuing to whisk this mixture with a mixer.
- At the end of mixing the dough add the chopped nuts and again all beat. Prepared mass density to be like the dough for pancakes.
- Take a cake pan or baking pan, liberally grease it with oil.
- The finished dough pour in the form and send for 40 minutes in oven preheated to 190 degrees.
- Meanwhile you can prepare the caramel. Butter caramel spread in a saucepan, melt, and combine with honey and brown sugar. Butter mass to simmer to a state of viscous caramel. Note that for the caramel, you can take regular sugar, but the caramelization process is a little lengthy.
- At the end of the jam, caramel spread sour cream or cream, mix everything and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add the nuts, all stir again, remove from heat and cool.
- The finished cake remove from the oven, place on a dish, pour the caramel and decorate at its discretion. For example, sprinkle the coconut or the walnuts.
- Note that the cake is not very large. If you need a large cake, the recipe can be doubled, after which the finished cake cut in half and pour the caramel both inside and outside.