- 1 whole chicken;
- 1 handful of garlic;
- 1 large orange;
- 1 tsp ginger;
- 1 cinnamon stick;
- 150 ml orange juice;
- 4 tbsp olive oil;
- salt and pepper.
- Take a rectangular baking pan (preferably with high sides) and liberally grease it with oil. Note that the size of the form should match the size of chickens or be slightly larger than the chicken.
- Oranges a good wash, cut into thick wheel and evenly spread on the bottom of the form.
- The chicken, RUB all sides with salt first, then pepper.
- Garlic, split in teeth clean. Ginger root washed and cut into thin slices.
- Prepared chicken to put over the oranges so that her back was looking up.
- On the sides of the chicken to spread out plates of ginger and in garlic cloves. Optionally you can also add 1 cinnamon stick. The contents of the form, pour the olive oil.
- Chicken prepared with garlic, wheel of orange and a slice of ginger place half an hour in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees. During this time, the carcass should be covered with a crispy brown crust.
- Half an hour later the form, remove from the oven, pour its contents mostly orange juice, seal with foil and re-send for 30 minutes in the oven.
- After this time the foil from the form, remove the chicken to pour the remnants of the juice and bake for another quarter of an hour.
- Ready-made chicken, baked with oranges and ginger, remove from the oven, place on a dish, decorate with orange slices and greens on request. Serve with fresh vegetables or salad and with your favorite garnish. Bon appetit!