To prepare a homemade marmalade without preservatives and dyes, you will need fruits rich in pectin and sugar. The basis of the dessert it is best to take Apple, quince, black currant and apricot puree and fruit gooseberries.
Want to know how to make marmalade at home light and airy, follow these guidelines:
- Fruit and berry puree should not contain lumps. To obtain a homogeneous mass it is possible to use the sieve.
- For thicker marmalade need to take the puree and sugar in the same proportion. Soft marmalade of apples and other fruits assume 0.3 kg of sugar per 1 kg of puree.
- To get a delicious marmalade, it's worth taking a slightly overripe fruits and berries. If selected for a recipe ingredients and contain little pectin, then they should add the extraction of pectin, a bit of Apple sauce, gelatin or agar-agar.
- Fruits and berries need a good wash and get rid of the skins, seeds and bones.
- Puree is prepared from purified boiled water of the fruit. If you make homemade marmalade from apples, it is best to choose sour varieties, bake them right in the peel and then RUB through sieve.
- To give the jujube original flavor can vanilla extract, cinnamon, cloves, and even citrus zest.
- Do not need to boil the marmalade for a long time, then you've got a really delicious dessert. To increase water evaporation and shorten the period of cooking, you need to put the marmalade in a low saucepan with a thick bottom, take only small portions and stirring from time to time a lot.
- The marmalade is ready if you put a drop on a cold saucer and it will start to thicken. The willingness of fruity sweetness, you can test with a spoon when left in the pan recess will not be spread.
- Ready marmalade into hot sterilized jars rolled in. To give the jelly the right consistency, you need to slowly cool the banks, first in warm, then in cold water, do not move them. You can put the dessert on the tray, cut into cubes, sprinkle with icing sugar and leave to dry for 7 days. If you have used silicone molds, homemade marmalade will be ready in 3 days. To speed up the final stage of preparation of fruit sweetness, preheat the oven to 50 degrees and to send marmalade to cure for 90 minutes, then cool and roll in sugar.