General rules wash tulle
Tulle requires delicate care – even if we are talking about cheap nylon net curtains. This fabric does not tolerate exposure to high temperatures – too hot water or iron can cause yellowing of the fabric. So the tulle washed in lukewarm water and try not to stroke.
While curtains do not require intensive washing of the contamination well enough away from the fabric, especially if you do not "start" the process. Lace curtains should be washed every 3-4 months – in this case, to maintain their whiteness will simply. But if we are talking about the kitchen curtains if the Windows face a road with heavy traffic, or if family members are allergic to dust – the frequency of washings it is better to increase.
Since curtains usually collects dust before washing the tulle, it is desirable to shake out on the balcony or on the street. In this case, the wash will be more effective.
How to wash tulle in the washing machine: load, temperature and modes of washing
Before laying the drum tulle have neatly folded – if you load the fabric in Smeaton, after washing there will be creases. If we are talking about the muslin, Voile, organza with fine embroidery and other more delicate fabrics, it is best to place neatly folded the curtains into a special net bag for washing does not affect the washing, but it will save fabric.
Tulle wash in the delicate washing is at a temperature of 30 ° and no spin. During this washing drum of the machine rotates more smoothly, and the washing occurs when a large amount of water – this allows you to minimize the risk of damage to delicate fabrics. You can wash lace curtains on the modes for silk and wool – they are the most gentle.
Loading the machine detergent, be Thrifty. In most cases, the hostess poured the powder or pour the shampoo wash generously, from the heart. In the case of the washable tulle this can lead to excessive foaming, especially if the Laundry is sent to the mesh fabric. So refer to the manufacturer's recommended dosage and because the fabric is lightweight and machine works with partial loads, – reduce the dose in half.
When washing curtains , it is desirable to use an additional rinse cycle: remains of detergents also lead to premature yellowing of the fabric.
After the end of the wash cycle it is necessary to remove the tulle from the machine to drain the water and not pressing, to hang on the ledge. If the shower curtain surround – you can gently squeeze her hand, very lightly, without twisting.
Once dry, the fabric lies flat under its own weight. Iron the tulle only in the most extreme cases, and very carefully – this also leads to yellowing of the fabric.
What detergent tulle is better to use
Wash the tulle in the washing machine using various detergents, both specialized and General purpose. This:
- special detergents for washing net curtains and other curtainsthat can be purchased in the shops of household chemicals. They are very effective, coping very well with pollution, bleached fabric and slightly podgruntovyvajut. However, they are not very common and therefore are not always on sale, and their cost is very high. Such funds it makes sense to buy, if we are talking about expensive and thin curtains that require special care.
- shampoo for washing delicate fabrics. They spare fabric, designed to wash at low temperatures and easily opolaskivaetsya.
- means for washing children's things. They are particularly effective when washing white net curtains and have a good bleaching effect.
- conventional washing powders can also be used to wash the tulle, particularly when talking about the mesh or nylon cheap organza. Powders should be selected in accordance with the color of the fabric, using the painted curtains of funds for colored fabrics; particularly cautious about the dosage of powder to eliminate excessive foam and don't forget the extra rinse.
How to whiten tulle in the washing machine
A regular gentle wash is compliance with the basic rules, a thorough opolaskivaniem and the lack of detrimental effects of high temperatures allows you to forget about manipulation for the whitening of yellow or gray tulle – after all the Laundry in the washing machine more efficient manual.
However, if you want to whiten your tulle – you can do it in the washing machine. The key success factor here will be the right choice bleaches. In the bleaching of tulle do not use products containing chlorine– this will destroy the fabric. Therefore, for curtains it is necessary to choose:
- oxygen bleaches. They are quite expensive, but versatile, suitable for colored and for white and in marked whitening effect does not destroy the tissue structure. Another advantage of oxygen bleach is that they are effective for low-temperature washing.
- optical bleaches. They visually lighten the fabric due to the particles settling on the fabric – and it allows you to return fabric whiteness. However, it is better to use them only for pure white drapery, or the appearance of the curtains might get hurt.
Optical and oxygen bleaching agents are suitable for washing in washing machines. You can add them to the washing powder, if you want to increase the effect of washing. If we are talking about severely yellowed curtains – you can use a pre-wash or soaking.
If you are afraid to use bleach to wash the tulle in the washing machine – you can use home remedies. Tulle is often bleached using salt – so you can fall asleep in the compartment for detergent a couple tablespoons of regular table salt and use it as a bleaching agent to wash. To enhance the effect, you can add a small amount of powder.
Advice 2 : How to wash tulle-curtains
If the curtains have heavy soiling, let them soak for 5-6 hours in hot water with salt (in 5 gallons of water you need to take 4 tablespoons of salt).
If you decide to wash the tulle in the washing machine, select delicate cycle. To further whiten lace curtains, add when washing special oxygen bleach for machines of the automatic type.
So after washing lace curtains is not acquired creases that are almost impossible to smooth out, before you put the tulle in the drum, fold it several times so that you get a small rectangle. It is advisable to pack a rectangle in a special washing bag.
To lace curtains bought dazzling white, rinse them in cold salted water with three drops of green fodder. Salt water will help to give the curtain the necessary rigidity, and the green paint will make them white.
After washing you should not wring the curtains, it is better to wrap them in a white sheet and slightly press the sheet to the tulle. Still damp curtains can immediately hang on the Windows.